Friday, February 17, 2017

Post Valentines Love Story

I saw this post on one of my favorite blogs this morning and decided I'd participate too. With this being Valentines week, here are 10 questions to share our love story for my mom and the other six people who read this. 

I should add that my husband asked me what I was doing and I said "writing nice things about you" and he told me "yeah right." The marriage is going well.

When did you meet? January 29, 2015. 


Bonus question: When did my boys meet? March 3, 2015. It was love at first sight and I've never been the favorite since (insert me rolling my eyes here). 


How did you meet? What a loaded question. Before I get started, it's not as scandalous as it sounds, and it was nothing like Grey's Anatomy. I met Michael during nursing school at clinicals because he was the nurse I was assigned to that day. He was grumpy at first, but then he changed his attitude so I married him.

First date: Michael planned it (You go, boy!). We headed to St. Augustine to go on a segway tour. I was super nervous because I had to wear an ugly helmet and thought I would fall. I think that might also be when he introduced me to Mellow Mushroom and I'll forever be indebted to him for that. 

Date you got engaged: October 9, 2015 (Michael's birthday). Yes, only nine months later. When you know, you know.



Marriage anniversary: March 5, 2016. Coming up on one year (ALL the heart eyes).



What is your song? Um. We danced to Nathan Sykes' Over and Over Again as our first dance. But we have a lot of "songs." Will you Still Love me by Chicago, I want you to Know by Zedd, Every song by David Guetta, etc. 


Do you remember the first movie you saw together? Absolutely not. Probably something I didn't like. (I'm not a huge movie fan, and I can't stay interested for long. Sorry, husband.)

First road trip together? Probably taking Linc man to Legoland. We didn't date for long and we didn't go anywhere far before we got married.



Who was interested first? This one is tough. He gave me a dirty look when I told him I'd be his student for the day. So I was interested in being civil first, and then I think he was interested romantically first when I told him to shut up. ;) He asked for my phone number, so ultimately him.



Who said I love you first? He did. 


(bringing back one of the oldies. This was from the day after our wedding.)

There you have it folks. Our love story in ten 11 questions. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment