Friday, April 8, 2016

Five on Friday {+ the best news!}

Hooray for Friday! 

When my husband gets off work tonight we will have FIVE days off together. Talk about exciting. I can't wait! 

Here are my five randoms for the week including some BIG news! 


{One}


This sweet boy turns FIVE in eleven days! 

Where on earth did time go?!?! 

I love being his mom. It's the best job on the planet. I really can't wait to celebrate him next weekend! It's going to be the best! 


{Two}


Wednesday morning I met my parents for breakfast at Panera after I dropped Linc off at school. 

We spent a good hour laughing and talking and enjoying being together.

These two have given so much of themselves over the years, especially to me, and I'm so grateful to be their daughter. I'm amazed at the way their polar opposite personalities are so perfect for each other.

My favorite part of breakfast? The way they made each other laugh the whole time. They make me believe in a happily ever after.

Also? They give proof that age really is just a number (sometimes). Power to the large age gap couples!


{Three}

KINDERGARTEN.

I was going to put this in the Oh my gosh, he's turning five category, but I feel like it deserves its own. 

Kindergarten registration is in a couple weeks.

WHAT?!?!?!?

Linc man graduates from Pre-K next month and then in the fall he starts Kindergarten. I can't even believe it. 

Despite the fact that I will probably be a wreck, I really am excited for this new season. I'm praying he gets the teacher we request and that his first year in real school goes well.


{Four}


(So much for a serious anniversary picture.)

Michael and I celebrated a month of marriage on Tuesday, and I feel so honored to be his bride. 

This month has been so sweet. We have had good moments and bad, and I've learned so much about this handsome man I call husband. 

He is a fantastic husband. He is patient, the best encourager, and believes in me when I don't believe in myself. 

I love being married to that man, and I'm so grateful he chose me. 


{Five}


I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!

(Originally when I wrote this on Tuesday I hadn't told my boss so I couldn't share, but now the appropriate people have been notified so it is time to celebrate people!!!!)


An RN job, at a hospital, working days. PERFECT.

I get to work as a nurse! I'm still so in awe. This is what I've begged God for for years. I've prayed and asked and hoped. This is all I've wanted for so long, and it's finally here. I can't wait to start! 


I've been praying so hard for this to line up and I start early next month. I am so excited to finally be starting the career I've worked so hard for.


So that's all for me this week! I'm looking forward to an awesome weekend and a lot of family days this week! Happy weekend, friends!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations. That's so exciting that you got a job. All the best with the changes ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting week for you, Congrats! I taught kindergarten for 37 years, such an exciting time for you and your son!
    - Candy
    www.thepandateacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through the link-up and I love the look of your blog! Congrats on landing your dream job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share in your joy! Congrats on your job and first month as husband and wife! I hope you find the right rhythm in all these happy changes :)

    -Patricia | patriciavicta.com

    ReplyDelete