Friday, February 5, 2016

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, friends! I'm at work all day and I have to work five hours tomorrow but then it's bridal shower time! I am SO excited to see so many people and to celebrate with them. My sister, mom, mother-in-law, and bridesmaids have worked so hard to make this day so special and I'm so grateful! I can't wait! 


{One}


ONE. MONTH. FROM. TODAY.

It's happening people! I get to marry the love of my life a month from today and I am so beyond excited! This week we got our marriage license, and last week I picked up my dress. 

We are getting so close, and I feel like we're finally almost there. March 5th is going to be such a sweet celebration! 



{Two}

I'M AN RN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I passed my NCLEX! After years of school, so many tears, a ton of prayers and all of God's grace, I finally made it through school and am finally a nurse! 

Now to find a job! I'd appreciate your prayers as I apply and pray for where God wants me. 


{Three}


My sweet boy.

He is just the best. He turns five in April and he is SO excited. He also starts tball soon and he got himself some sweet red cleats, because of course.

Last night I was about to put him to bed and this conversation happened..

L: "Actually I do want to change my bedtime. It's going to be ten."
Me: "Um, no. You don't get to pick your bedtime."
L: "No I mean in the new house! I'll just stay up until ten every night!"

Right..

And then he was playing with my ring and said, "Did you already engage?"

I mean. 

He melts my heart and makes me laugh and I'm just so grateful to be his mom. It's the highest honor that I don't take lightly. 


{Four}

I got to have dinner with my nursing school best friend last night and it was perfect.

For over a year we saw each other about five out of seven days of the week, and we haven't seen each other since we graduated in December. It was definitely time to fix that.

She also just passed her NCLEX and is an RN now too! Yay!


{Five}


God is so good.

Can I shout that? But at the same time whisper it, too? Because it's so true.

I prayed for two things specifically for a long time. A husband who would love The Lord, me, and Linc, and to be a nurse.

And for SO long it felt like God didn't hear, or didn't care, or whatever. I'm not ashamed to say I questioned God about why He wouldn't give me what I so desperately desired. And as I look back over this past year, I see God's faithfulness. I see the way God was so meticulous behind the scenes. He was preparing my heart for a husband, Lincoln's heart for a stepdad, and my heart to be a nurse.

And in His infinite wisdom and perfect timing, God said yes.

He said yes to the things I dreamed, and He said yes to them all at the same time. 


I graduated from college in December, got pinned as a graduate nurse in December, became an RN in January, will move {my stuff at least} in Februrary, and get married in March.

And now I see what I couldn't see then. That if God had given me what I wanted back then, I wouldn't have been ready for it. But now I am, and His blessings are overwhelming right now. I'm so thankful. And He is so good.


This is going to be a busy weekend, between the shower, and more packing, and spending time with my Linc man. I'm so excited and so thankful. 30 more days until we say 'I do!' 

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats on being an RN my friend! i have several friends that are in your shoes and although it's nerve racking, you deserve a huge round of applause! so glad i came across your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing things that God is doing in your life, girl! Just makes me praise him!! He is so so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Looks like a great week! Congrats on your job and your wedding!

    Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

    ReplyDelete