Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Worst Bride Ever

Back when I knew Michael and I were going to get married and I was blogging a lot, I couldn't wait for when we would be engaged and I could post about wedding planning. And then we got engaged, school got busy, and I realized I'm the worst bride ever.

I'm not a bridezilla at all, I just don't seem to have much of an opinion. I've said, "Whatever is cheaper" and "Either one" too many times to count. I've also been told by many people I need to "care a little more."

This is the thing. I'm not into details and planning. I'm a 'big picture' kind of girl. My sweet husband-to-be is a detail-oriented person {bless him} and it's entirely possible that I drive him crazy with my apathetic attitude towards the details. 

This isn't news to me, though. For Lincoln's birthday parties, I am all about paying to have it somewhere fun {a bounce house, putt-putt, etc.} and letting them work out the details. I buy Walmart/Target already-printed invitations, bring the cake, and call it a day. He has a great time and I don't stress. Win, win.  

For me a few things are important on my wedding day: My dress, my groom and my son being at the front, my Dad walking me down the aisle, and the people we love most witnessing the best day of our lives. The other things will fall into place, and I won't stress about them. 

So from now on {hopefully} I'm going to write more. Not so much for other people, but for myself. I want to look back on this time and remember it, because I feel like in the hectic chaos of wedding planning, job-seeking, and moving I won't remember all the details that made me smile. So here's to more writing, and only 56 days until I marry the love of my life! 



1 comment:

  1. Actually, I feel like not being a bridezilla at all is pretty much the definition of "best bride ever". :) I was also really, really laid-back about wedding planning. I knew we were getting married in the end and I had a pretty dress and lots of people who loved us were coming and that's all I really cared about. Pretty sure my grandma and aunt ended up pulling together a lot of the details while I remained love-struck. :P

    ReplyDelete