Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

Happy Monday, friends! 

Today I'm taking over The Peony Project's Instagram (@thepeonyproject) AND I'm guest posting over at Peculiar Treasures, so be sure to go visit those two places. Lots of exciting things going on today!

I'm starting my new class this morning so hopefully as you're reading this I've found the classroom and am actually learning something.

This Mother's Day was absolutely perfect. Before I get to recapping our day(s), I just want to say again how much I appreciate my mom for everything she's done. 

As I was writing different things for the blog yesterday and my personal Facebook I realized that thing I appreciate most about my mom are the things she's done for me as a single mom.

My mom loved me despite the announcement of a pregnancy at 17. She walked with me every day of my pregnancy so we would be healthy. She came to my appointments so I didn't have to be alone. She was there holding my hand in the delivery room. I owe her at least a million dollars for all the free babysitting she's done for me while I work/go to school. She has made sure that every Mother's Day I feel special and loved and noticed. She has really stood in the gap that she never should have had to, and I don't take that lightly. My mom rocks, and I mean that with every fiber of my being. 

With that being said.. 

I asked for Melanie Shankle's new book for Mother's Day. I knew my mom would get me something and so I figured that was small and something I really wanted.

Well, in the past year or so I've started riding my dad's bike because I didn't have one of my own. So one day a few weeks ago, my parents brought me home a bike for Mother's Day. They also gave me the cutest dress. They are amazing gift-givers and unbelievably generous.


Saturday night these sweet guys took me out for dinner for Mother's Day. We ate on the river and Linc Man got to see a "ferry boat" for the first time ever which absolutely made his day. 



The sunset on the ride home was absolutely breathtaking.


Mike edited this picture and got it blown up and framed for me and I absolutely love it. Seriously, how cute is that little grin with his hat on crooked. I couldn't love him more.


Sunday Linc and I headed to church and then ran by Publix to get my mom flowers and a gift card to Seasons 52 (if you've never been you NEED to). 

As I was putting our flowers in a vase my dad comes walking in with some too, so that's how she ended up with two things of flowers. 

Lincoln got me a card.. that sings. He also got my dad a singing birthday card. Dad's birthday is in February but that's irrelevant. And you can best believe we listened to those cards sing all day long.

My mom made waffles for lunch (because she rocks) and then Linc and I watched a movie from Redbox.


Sweet boy and I headed to putt-putt after that and had a blast. I love the age Linc is right now. He's got this hilarious personality, and is so kind-hearted. He makes my job as a mom so fun.




After putt-putt we headed to Baskin Robbins and had some delicious Reese's ice cream. If Heaven has ice cream, that flavor will be there.


Be still my heart.

Once we got home I got him a bath and my awesome parents hung out with Linc while I went to Starbucks to work on my dosage calc (which I have a test on tomorrow, by the way. Please be praying!) for an hour. It was so nice to sit outside and enjoy the breeze.


One of my favorites was working and she gave me my drink for free with a sweet note on the cup. The people at this Starbucks have watched me study numerous hours and have encouraged me constantly. I feel like family every time I go in. 

So there was our day in a nutshell. It started off with no plans and ended up being so great. Thank you for all the messages and texts yesterday. I am surrounded by the most amazing people possible and I'm so grateful for every one of you. 

It's going to be a good day!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great Mother's Day! Lincoln is too cute. Praying for you with back to school and your test!!

    ReplyDelete