Sunday, May 10, 2015

Just for You, Mom

To The Woman Who..

Gave me life without drugs..
Lost sleep to feed me..
Bought me toys..
Took the training wheels off my bike..
Caught my throw up..
Held my hair when I was sick..
Made the doctors take a second look at my ears..
Gave up what she wanted so I could have my wants..
Volunteered in my classes at school..
Made costumes and projects..
Helped me with my math in 3rd grade..
Paid for me to play ball..
Coached my team..
Sat hours on a bucket to help me improve..
Paid for pitching lessons..
Bought me countless pieces of softball equipment..
Drove me to tournaments..
Worked concession stands..
Cheered me on at all my games..
Shaved my leg when I got my cast off..
Helped me with my homework..
Drove me to friends houses..
Drove me late at night to get a newspaper when I forgot my current event..
Clothed me..
Made every birthday special..
Threw my nasty sock out the window..
Loved me during the words, "I'm pregnant."
Walked almost 1,000 miles with me through my pregnancy..
Taught me the courage that helped me be a single mom..
Taught me what baby cereal was..
Was my rock through a teenage pregnancy..
Held me while I cried..
Went to every doctor's appointment so I wouldn't be alone..
Held my hand as we welcomed Lincoln Fussell into the world..
Stayed up nights so I could sleep extra hours so I could finish high school..
Watched me graduate high school..
Watches my son while I go to nursing school..
Not only taught me what it meant to love Jesus, but lives it..
Took Linc and I to Disney for my 21st birthday..
Serves her family..
Works hard every day so that we can have what we need, AND what we want..
Goes without so the people she loves can have more..
Does the dishes, cleans the house..
Pursues Christ..
Makes me laugh..
Loves her husband..
Loved me through bad decisions..
Helps me out financially because she can..
Is the best gift giver..
Watches Linc when I have a migraine..
Cleans out my car just because..
Gets my oil changed when I'm over 10,000 miles..
And then only kind of lectures me..
Gave me her love of reading, Scrabble, and Christmas..
Taught me how to be a mom..


To The Woman Who..

Prayed for me..
Prayed with me..
Believed in me..
Stood by me.. 
Been my advocate..
Been my biggest fan.. 

I've noticed. 

There are days when you probably think I don't see, but I do. This family would be lost without you. You work so incredibly hard for us, and you always have. You have unconditionally loved me through the hardest moments of my life. You gave me my stubborn spirit that has gotten me through so many days. You gave me the belief that I can do anything I put my mind to. You have encouraged me, empowered me, and pushed me to be my best. 

I wouldn't be half the woman/mom I am today if it weren't for your influence in my life. The blessing of you as my Mom is not lost on me.

So Happy Mother's Day, Momma/Geesh. You deserve to be honored today and every single day for the rest of your life. I love you, crazy lady. You are the greatest mom in the universe. God chose you specifically to be our mom and I'm so grateful He did. 

And just like Linc's book says, "I couldn't find a better Mom if I searched everywhere." 


No comments:

Post a Comment