Friday, May 8, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! 

Next week is my first week back to school and it's Linc's last week of school before Summer so we're trying to get ready for that. 

But it's Friday, we're (kind-of) celebrating Mother's Day today, and it's show-and-tell day at school, so who isn't excited?! Exactly. 

Let's get to it!


{One}


Because Sunday is Mother's Day I feel compelled to share a story that basically explains why my mom rocks.

***If the idea of throwing up makes you sick, you should move on to numero dos***

When I was pregnant (but didn't know it yet) my mom and I were in Walmart when I started feeling sick. I told her I wasn't feeling well and as we're walking down an aisle I get THE LOOK (you know, Moms.. the look your child gets 2.5 seconds before they get sick everywhere) and my rockstar mom runs to the cleaning aisle, grabs a bucket and napkins, and catches my throw up. Now. That story is gross, but she obviously wins the best mom award. 

So here's to my mom and all the others who have taken care of us while we're sick, put up with our bad choices, not killed us when we threw a shoe over the Target dressing room door and hit them in the head (hypothetically), and loved us in spite of the hard days.

Moms rock, and I'm so thankful to have mine. 


{Two}

I'm really nervous to start class next week. I'm excited about the class, but nervous about the tests. I'm even more nervous about how I'm going to get any studying with Linc home for Summer. Your prayers (and Starbucks gift cards) are obviously appreciated.



I am, however, super excited to see my nursing partner in crime. She basically keeps me sane and I don't know how I'd do nursing school without her. Who knows what kind of shenanigans we'll get into this semester.


{Three}

Embedded image permalink

Tony and Tammy were in town for revival last week so Wednesday morning I went over to their condo to catch up for a little bit. Tammy and I got to sit outside on the balcony and listen to the ocean (hence the crazy hair) and just talk about life. These two have loved on me, supported me, and saw my potential long before I ever did. I'm so grateful to be able to call them friends.

{Four}


Yesterday Lincoln and I headed to the pool for the first time this year because it was absolutely gorgeous outside. 

Anytime I get to hang out with my handsome boy and listen to him laugh is a very happy day.

I'm looking forward to a bunch of pool days this Summer!


{Five}

Speaking of Summer.. I asked Linc what he wanted to do this Summer. The most important thing in his head? Eat at Zaxby's. I kid you not. 

Another one was jumping in the leaves. Never mind that he never jumps in leaves and we don't have any leaves to jump in. 

What can I say? He's easy to please. 



Sometime soon birthday pics are coming to the blog! McKenzie did an awesome job, despite the fact that Lincoln looks so ticked in this picture.

Have an amazing Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with classes next week, you'll have a great time! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete