Sunday, April 19, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday, Lincoln!

Dear Lincoln,

Happy birthday to my favorite person in the whole wide world!


Today we celebrate YOU. Today we celebrate the fun-loving, big-hearted, blue-eyed, Lincoln Fussell. Today is your day, handsome.   




You stole my heart the minute I saw you for the first time four years ago and you've stolen it every day since. When I first looked at all 6 lb 10 oz of you at 4:28 am on April 19, 2011, I thought I'd never be able to love you more than in that moment. Thanks for proving me wrong, son. 


1,461 days ago you made me a mom. And let me tell you, even one day of being your mom is better than all the years without you. I'm so grateful for all the bubble bath fights, wrestling matches, high fives, sword fights, baseball games, school events, road trips, smiles, cuddles, and laughs over these past four years.




I'm even grateful for the back-talk, whines, potty training, and all the hard-headed moments, because they've all made me stronger. Your life has made your Mommy so much stronger. 



Being your mom is the highest honor I could ever have, the best name I could be given, and the greatest joy I've ever experienced. Lincoln Fussell, I love being your mom. Jesus is so good to allow me to be your mom.




This year you've been the ring bearer in Uncle Pearce and Aunt Tenzie's wedding, tried swimming lessons for the first time, started your second year of preschool, became a big cousin, had three ear infections in four months, had your first stomach bug, and started baseball. 




You have the sweetest heart of gold, Linc Fuss. You hate leaving people out, and  always avoid hurting anyone's feelings. The other day you wanted to ride home with Geesh, and in an effort to make sure I wasn't upset or lonely on the car ride home, you told me, "Remember. God is with you." Don't ever lose that, little man. Don't let circumstances and situations make your heart hard. Love hard. Give freely. Your heart is the thing I love most about you.




You love the 'wishing fountain.' When I gave you a penny to make a wish you told me, "I wished for you to be a nurse." 



You are surrounded by people who love you. There's never been a boy more loved than you are.



Papa is your buddy and Geesh would do {and buy} anything for you. Seriously. If you asked for the moon, she'd find a way to give it to you. 


Momo and Uncle Matt love you so much. {When you're older, please ask me to tell you the story of how Momo "knew it!"}


You're the best big cousin and when you're in a room, Brilee can't take her eyes off of you.


We went to visit Uncle Pearce and Aunt Tenzie not long ago and you absolutely loved spending time with them. 


You're also a pretty big fan of Mike Hodges. And he's a pretty big fan of you, too. 


You love wearing costumes and right now you want to be a fireman when you grow up.



Anything ninja turtle and green are your favorites.


You are hilarious. You keep me on my toes and have me laughing constantly. 


The other day I needed you to take off your shorts so I could get you ready for bed. I told you "You work on your pants and I'll go get your pajamas." And you said, "I'll go get the pajamas and you go work on YOUR pants." 



You're quit-witted and sarcastic. You're cute and you know it. 




You started baseball this year and you love it. Sometimes you run after the ball, sometimes you catch rain drops on your tongue, and sometimes you wear your glove on the wrong hand. But I couldn't be more proud of you. Your running has improved so much this season and I'm so proud that you've worked so hard and listened so well.



Curry is your best friend and you two fight like brothers. Watching you two makes my Mommy heart so happy.




So happy birthday, sweet four year old! I'm so excited for you to wake up and open presents and to celebrate with you and all your friends today. I hope your day is as perfect as you've dreamed. You are such an awesome son and I'm so blessed that you're mine! Mommy loves you so much more than mint chocolate chip ice cream!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Great post. It makes me fall in love with your little guy and his big heart too. I wish I had written like this when my kids were young. What a treasure your son will have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you're the best mom! Ever! I wish we could be real life friends, haha. Your Lincoln is so sweet! My husband and I are talking baby names and Lincoln was one of them! I love that you are enjoying each moment since these moments fly by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely son. I love posts like these because I know one day, when he's grown up, he'll be able to look back to these words and find joy in them :) Happy birthday, Lincoln! You are loved.

    ReplyDelete