Thursday, April 23, 2015

Five {or Six} on Friday

Happy Friday, friends! 



Last night this little one had his second to last baseball game and got the game ball! Needless to say, he was SO excited. 

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Five on Friday posts might be my favorite, if only because I get to be completely random. My five six things really make me smile this week so let's get to it. 

{One}


I HAVE A FOUR YEAR OLD.

All the emotions, y'all. Linc turned four Sunday and he had an awesome birthday and party. I'll be posting about that next week sometime. 

He had his four year check up and it went awesome. He got two shots and "didn't even cry one tear!" He's proud, but what can I say, I am too. 


{Two}

Embedded image permalink

Our library was just redone so Linc and I ran by there the other day to grab him some books and me something to read before I head back to school. Recently Morgan posted about books she's read and she highly recommended Liane Moriarty.

Embedded image permalink

I picked up 'The Husband's Secret' and just finished it last night.

SO GOOD.

I'm planning on reading some of her other books when I get a free second {read, December}. But really. If you're looking for something good to read, she's a good one!


{Three} 



I start back to school on the 6th! It's back to overpriced coffee and overpriced textbooks. I'm kidding. Kind of.

This Summer I'll take peds and OB and I'm actually pretty excited. I worked for the doctor who delivered Lincoln for two years so I feel like I have a little bit of knowledge {hopefully} and the two classes I'm both interested in. I think it's going to be a good semester, even if it is super busy.

Also, this is my second picture with a book and coffee. My love for coffee and books runs deep, y'all.


{Four}

God will provide - a story of God's promises.

Speaking of school, my tuition needed to be paid for the Summer term and I was really dreading it. 

In college I've paid all my tuition myself and have never taken out a loan. Since I got into nursing school I've only worked one day a week so I could focus on school. God has consistently provided everything Lincoln and I need, and so many of the things we want. 

Wednesday morning I went to pay my tuition knowing it was going to take a chunk of money I really didn't need to be spending and when I went online to do it, the $1,100 was paid.

Just like that. Paid in full. 

I'm constantly reminded of how God provides for His children when we trust Him. I've watched God take care of Lincoln and I so much over these past four years and I'm so grateful for the grace and the provision that only comes from Him.

Sometimes we think God doesn't care about our little things {like how we're going to pay our college tuition} but He does. He sees, and He knows, and He provides. And I really think if you look back on these past four years of mine and Lincoln's life, you can't miss His presence in our lives.


{Five}



I take my job as Coco {aunt} very seriously. This week I taught my niece that boys should compliment her and coffee is good for the soul. 

You're welcome, sister. 


{Six}



So I'm switching things up because I can't leave one thing out.

The other day I went and had coffee with this handsome guy {my dad}. I posted this picture on Facebook and said this,

"This man. When you're little you take your family for granted {and maybe sometimes even when you grow up}. Being his daughter is the best. He has been my protector and my provider. He has called me beautiful when I didn't feel like it, held my hand through a teenage pregnancy, taught me the way a woman should be treated. He has fiercely loved our family. He raised me to love The Lord. And sometimes he even takes me on coffee dates that mean more to me than he'll ever know. Thank you for being Daddy, Papa, a faithful husband, and a man of integrity. I couldn't ask for a better Dad than you."

And it's all true. I wouldn't be who I am without my dad's influence and leadership. Our family is blessed because he's in it.  


So there are my five things for this week! I hope you have an amazing weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I just left a comment, but I'm not sure if it came through :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Linc!! And congrats to him on getting the game ball! Thats a big honor :-)
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God that He provides for all our needs!! Rejoicing with you in His awesomeness! That snapshot of you and your niece is too precious! :) Hope your weekend gets off to a fabulous start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read The Husband's Secret so badly (when I finish working my way through all the books I got for Christmas-that is!) Good luck going back to school, I'm sure you're going to do great :)

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete