Friday, January 9, 2015

Five on Friday {Probably My Favorite Yet}

Happy Friday, people! It's been a while since I've done Five on Friday, but I have some serious randomness to share today. Let's get right to it, shall we?

{One}


SNOW.

IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to get technical, it was just flurries and it didn't "stick," but who cares because I live in a town that hasn't seen any snow in 25 years. No, seriously. Nothing in 25 years. 

So yesterday when they started coming down Linc and I fled to our best friends house to enjoy the thirty minutes that it lasted. 

The whole town posted something on their Facebook's about the snow coming down. Except of course the people who are too cool for school.


Also, he's a true Floridian. Look at that face. {It's freezing. He's miserable.}


{Two}


I told y'all earlier in the week that I was taking Linc man to the doctor. Well I did, and he had a cold, pink eye, and an ear infection. Triply whammy right there.

Later that day I went to the doctor, too. So between the two of us in two days we got four medications, visited the pharmacy three times, and had two doctor appointments. {We could probably single handedly run our own pharmacy if anyone's interested.}

Thankfully my little one is feeling better {me, not so much} and is back at school. He's loving it. Almost three weeks is a long time for him to be away from his friends!


{Three} 


I've really been missing this boy now that we're both back in school, but his morning Facetime's have been making my day. He runs around with the phone like a wild person and this is the best picture I could get.

Yesterday I had orientation for my new hospital and today is my first day having actual clinicals for that hospital. My alarm clock rang at four this morning in the middle of the night {You can't even consider four early morning. It's seriously the middle of the stinking night}.

Anyway. 

I'm thinking this is going to be my favorite hospital yet. We got official badges {THAT UNLOCK DOORS} with our pictures on them {who cares if I look like Casper's mother}, AND we get parking passes. Between the badges and the parking passes, I actually feel legit. 

Also, the rooms are like a dang Hilton. I mean, I'd stay there. We were looking at some statistics for the hospital and apparently 99% of people who have been a patient there would recommend it to someone else. My friend, Jessie, said "Heck. I'd recommend it and I've never even been here." {This was based on the rooms alone.

We'll see how I feel after 3:00 today.


{Four}


This boy.

Sometimes I look at him and think, Heaven help me, he's my mini-me. He's the perfect mix of sass and sweetness and he has said some of the funniest and sweetest things lately. Here are some.

Me: "Lincoln, we don't kick."
L: "You started it."

"I'm sad when you're sick."

L: "Mommy, is it morning?"
Me: "No, you haven't even gone to bed yet."
L: "I'm going to bed.." {two seconds later} "Is it morning yet?"

"I want to be a nurse when I grow up like you and go to the nurse place that you go to."

"Goodnight, goober."

"If you are afraid I am with you. If you are scared I am right here."

"I will miss you very much while I am at school."

See. SO sweet and SO sassy. I couldn't love him any more.



{Five}



The giveaway for McKenzie's print is still going on until tomorrow at midnight so go enter that if you haven't already! 


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Whom have I in heaven but You? 
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. 
My flesh and my heart may fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
{Psalm 73:25-26}

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

3 comments:

  1. Those are some awfully cute comments your little boy made. I hope you are both feeling better soon.
    God Bless - Kimberley
    peculiartreasuresblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOT SNOW!!! Yay! I'll gladly send you some more if you would like it :) Glad to hear Lincoln is feeling better and hope you are, too!

    ReplyDelete