Thursday, December 4, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

I had planned this post for Tuesday but I really needed to post that PSA and then I was going to push it to yesterday but God really spoke to me about raising Godly men and I really felt like I needed to post that. 

As an aside.. God's really been working on me about seeing Lincoln through His eyes and wow. When I look at Linc through my eyes I have so many fears and worries for his life, but when I see him through God's eyes I see potential, and strength, and I have peace. I continually have to remind myself that Jesus is a better parent than I'll ever be and can protect him so much better than I can. 

So anyway.. here I am posting about the tree lighting. 

Wednesday night my brother, sister-in-law, Lincoln, and I headed to the Christmas tree lighting at the Ritz. 

We didn't get there until late, so there really weren't too many people which was really nice since I had Linc man running around.

They had a huge boat made out of gingerbread {I didn't get a picture} and Lincoln was super upset he couldn't eat it. Me too, Linc man, me too.

Then we headed outside to see the tree. 


It was beautiful and my Christmas loving self was so happy.


I know I say it a lot, but it is an absolute honor to be Lincoln's mom. To think that God looked down at my 17 year old self and allowed me to be his mom.. That's crazy and beautiful and God obviously saw more in me than I saw in myself. I'm so grateful that God blessed me with him.

He is a joy. I'm so thankful for him. Just look at that precious smile. 



Our favorite way to walk around. 


Is anyone else impressed that I took this with Linc on my shoulders? Anyone? Nope, just me. Cool.

Earlier in the day Linc had asked what was in Brilee's mouth, and I told him a pacifier. He quickly exclaimed, "So she doesn't get fire in her mouth!" Um, sure. So the Ritz had those tall heater things {that sounds so intelligent}, and Lincoln informed us they were pacifiers. Yep, exactly.

Then we headed to Zaxby's to get food and Lincoln was just funny. Moms, you know what I mean? Those days where your children just talk and talk and laugh.. It was great. He had us all laughing.



The sweetest, y'all.

We had such a good time and I'm glad we got to go. We have so much planned for December and I'm so excited for the rest of the month!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty impressed that you had him on your shoulders! Haha, I've got two toddler boys (around 30 pounds) and I have a heck of a time putting them up there! You're precious boy sure I blessed :-)

    ReplyDelete