Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Dream



A couple weeks ago I couldn't sleep for the life of me. If you know me at all you know that's ridiculous. It was around one in the morning and I couldn't fall asleep, so I figured God wanted to talk to me.



I have this terrible flaw about me. I'm terrified of failure. Because of that fear, I just don't do anything at all. If I'm afraid I'll mess it up, I just won't try it. {Great. I know.}

So while I was having the rough time sleeping God really laid the idea of dreaming on my heart. 



In the stillness of the night, where my three year old is sleeping peacefully, and all I hear is The Lord whisper gently to my soul. Where He can remind me that He has great plans, incredible plans.. Plans for my good and His glory. Where He can remind me that He not only brings me peace, but He is my peace. 

I'm learning that God doesn't just want to dream plans for me, He wants me to dream with Him. His plans are far greater than anything I could ever conspire on my own, and I'm grateful and humbled that The Lord of all creation wants to use me.



So I think that 2015 is going to be about dreaming with The Lord. Dreaming up what He wants and desires for Lincoln and I. Dreaming up big plans that may not make sense all the time, but they're what God is telling me to step out in faith on. Together with Christ, I'm going to let go of the fear of failure and go where He calls us to go. I think The Lord is dreaming big things for 2015, and I want to dream with Him for our family of two.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful revelation! I found myself fun a similar situation recently and prayed myself to sleep. Wonderful silence with my Father.

    ReplyDelete