Monday, December 1, 2014

All things Turkey

Happy Monday and happy December, friends! I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Now that I've finally posted about Halloween, I can get back to all things Thanksgiving and Christmas!

A couple weeks ago we headed to my best friend's house to do a Thanksgiving-themed day with her and her son. 

She's a teacher so she's super into crafts, which is great because I couldn't be into crafts if my life depended on it.

We planned on a craft, a snack, and a movie but we didn't have time for the movie. 



I found these oreo turkeys on Pinterest but because it was so late after Halloween, I had to improvise because I couldn't find certain candies. {And I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg buying icing I would never use again.}

Even with the improvising, the turkey's turned out really cute.



We braved a tornado warning to get the candy for the snacks. It was worth it.

And also, Lincoln is pushing Curry in this picture. Real life stuff. 







After they devoured their turkeys {and snacked on the extra candy in the bag - Gotta love a sugar high.}, we started on the craft.

I'm super glad Cinnamon was there because my crafting skills are way under par, and also it's REALLY hard to draw one of those gobble things.

{Just googled. It's called a wattle. You're welcome.}

{And whatever. Gobble thing sounds so much better.}

Anyway.



We didn't get any pictures of them actually doing the craft because we were trying our best not to have 489 pieces of tissue paper end up on the floor. 


I think they turned out super cute, despite our lack of artistic ability.

It was a fun day, and the boys had a great time. Be watching out, we have something planned for Christmas, too! 

3 comments:

  1. Aw, those are so cute! I love that you braved a tornado warning to get the candy--that shows commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are these?! And I kind of want to eat the Oreo turkeys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Turkey cookies are the greatest!

    ReplyDelete