Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Visit with Santa + Mr. Ninja Turtle

Yesterday my parents and I took Lincoln to the mall to see Santa. Last year didn't go so well {you can read about that here} so I was really hoping this year would.

The Fussell love of Christmas has not been lost on my three year old. He's been asking when it's Christmas time for months now and we're finally getting to celebrate!


Going to see Santa in short sleeves because Florida doesn't understand seasons.


We left to go pick up my mom so obviously Lincoln needed Papa to sit in the back with him. 



I know it's blurry but look at that sweet face when he saw Santa.

Now get this friends. You know when your child really wants something and that's all they ever talk, think, breathe, eat, sleep about?? Well for Lincoln, that thing is a "green jeep." As in.. a real car he can drive. It's all he's been talking about and all he's been telling me he's going to be asking Santa for {and there may or may not be one currently being shipped to our house}. 

So when Santa asked what Linc wanted, I just knew he'd say a green jeep. But no. That boy, in all his nervousness, says a castle with bad guys and ninja turtles.

Um. What??

For the record, I quickly reminded him of what he really wants and didn't just make up on the spot.






Obviously seeing Santa went fantastic. I was so proud of him and so thankful there were no tears this year. 


And just for "aw's," look how sweet he was on his first Christmas.

{And the my-feet-are-too-fat-to-wear-shoes stage. Yikes.}


Then we were walking to leave when the little boy who may or may not have my parents wrapped around his fingers, sees Build-A-Bear and says, "Pets!!" {Because apparently the store has been renamed}, and asks if we can go make a pet. My mom {being the good Geesh that she is} said yes.


Just strangling the Ninja Turtle.



When we went to name him he got rather upset when I mentioned that his real name is Raphael. Oops. Apparently Mr. Ninja Turtle is a better name. {And so creative.}


"Hey Linc, let me get a picture with your ninja turtle."
"With mean faces!!"

Really.


Some serious loving going on in the backseat.


We had to run an errand later and when we went to get in the car Lincoln said, "Mommy, let's take a picture with Mr. Ninja Turtle!" 

So we did.

It's a pretty great day as a three year old when you get to see Santa and make a ninja turtle at "Pets." It's really starting to feel like {almost} Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh those santa pictures are so stinkin' cute!! He looks so happy!! And the ninja turtle, oh my goodness-- love it!

    ReplyDelete