Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Four Years Ago


I read a quote one time that says, "God will wreck your plans when He sees that your plans are about to wreck you." September 17, 2010 God wrecked my plans. As I sat in a doctors office and listened to the doctor tell me "You're pregnant," my whole life changed. In just two words, my life was never the same. 

Today isn't a sad day. Today is a celebration of everything that God has done in Lincoln and me, and the life of our family. 

Through every trial, circumstance, tear, joy, laughter, milestone, and moment since that day, God has remained faithful. Life has never, and will never, be perfect, but God has fufilled His promise of never leaving our side. I haven't walked through one second of this journey without Him loving me and I will never be able to praise Him enough for that.

I've watched God do the impossible in our lives over the last four years. He's provided financially, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. He's saved my brother, given me jobs, surrounded us with amazing people, grown our family closer, saved my Dad's life, given me two amazing new siblings, and has my sweet miracle niece on the way. In every moment where I have no clue what step to take, He's already working things out. 


To my parents and siblings {that includes you, Matt and McKenzie}: this day is sweeter because of you. It took me 20 years to realize most families aren't this close. Y'all have stuck beside me through absolutely everything, and I can't thank you enough for always being in my corner. Thank you for loving us both so much and for filling the gaps in both of our lives; we love y'all more than words will ever say. 

To my sweet Lincoln: you are everything I could ever hope for and the absolute best thing that's ever happened to me. Your life was planned by the Divine Author Himself and it's been a joy watching Him use you so much already. I mean it when I say, it is an absolute honor to be your mom and I thank God every day for trusting me enough to bless me with you. I love you so much more than mint chocolate chip ice cream. 



God really does work all things together for our good. I can look back at that 17 year old pregnant teenager and say that He is so faithful beyond words. We can mess up a million times and He is still faithful. When God says He'll never leave, He proves it. When God says He works all things out for our good, He does it. He is always so much more than enough. 

Jesus does all things well.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! You two are special special people, and you can tell your family is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crying because this is so precious!!!! Love it and so beautifully written!!!

    ReplyDelete