Friday, June 27, 2014

Five {Or Six} on Friday

Happy Friday, friends. I have so much to share this week. If you like to just skim blogs, I ask that you at least read right below this in bold, and then also number five. Those two things are super important to me! I really appreciate y'all reading and being such an encouragement to me!
 
If you only read this one thing, I need to ask for prayer for a very sweet friend of mine in nursing school. Just Tuesday night they found out her dad has cancer. It is inoperable, but it is treatable. I know y'all are absolutely incredible about praying for me because I feel the peace every time I ask. So please be praying for her and her family, and that God would heal her dad and bring glory to God through this circumstance.
 
I believe when we pray, God listens. He blesses the prayers of His people. This man loves the Lord and so does His daughter. I know their family appreciates these prayers.
 
 
My five six things this week are really important to me.
 
So let's get to it!
 
 
 
{One}
 
 
This is by far the best. Monday I passed my test with a 90 and Wednesday I passed my hesi with a 919!!!! I needed a 624 to pass the class and an 850 to actually pass the hesi. So I passed my psychiatric mental health class with a B!!
 
Time to educate. The number one question I get when I talk about nursing school is 'What's a hesi?' And if you read this blog for the next year, you'll hear the word again so you might as well know what it is. The hesi is a standardized nursing test straight from the devil himself. There is nothing in this world that stresses a nursing student out quite like a hesi test. We take one at the end of every one of our classes on the computer and it has the potential to really lower your grade.
 
So I passed my hesi and I am SO excited. Psychiatric mental health nursing is over and now it's onto adult health 1.
 
{Two}
 
Speaking of adult health 1.
 
I saw my schedule and I can tell it's going to be a awful ridiculous hard terrorizing brutalizing tough seven weeks. My posts are going to be few and far between so bare with me. Also, I could really use and appreciate the prayers.
 
You know a class is going to be tough when you get an assignment due on the first day of class. Yeah.
 
 
But it's what I want to do, and I really am excited to be moving forward and to be going to clinicals more often! Yay for being one step closer to being a nurse!
 
 
{To keep up with us while I'm buried in books follow me on Instagram @carefuss}
 
{Three}
 
 
I have to brag on these people for a minute.
 
My family has given so much of themselves to help me get through nursing school. They've always been there, but they've really sacrificed during this time. My mom comes home from work exhausted but watches Lincoln so that I can study or do school work. My dad takes off work to watch him while I go to school. My sister and Matt watch him when my parents can't. I was born into such an amazing family, and I'm so beyond grateful for all the help they've given Lincoln and I.
 
And this picture is a new favorite of mine.
 
{For those who are wondering.. McKenzie is missing because this was when Kaysley and I went to see Pearce before the actual wedding. I don't have a picture of all of us.}
 
{Four}
 
MY COMPUTER IS HOME.
 
Yes. It deserves capital letters.
 
 
Happiness abounded when I saw this screen.
 
After Squaretrade fixed my computer they shipped it back with FedEx. FedEx lost it somewhere in New Jersey and after my dad talking on the phone to people for almost two hours {because there's nothing I hate more than confrontation} they happened to find it and now it's home and I am so happy!
 
{Five}
 
#PrayforMayberry
 
 
I have a blogger friend named Mia and her brother was in an ATV accident back in September. You can read the whole story here, but to sum it up there was a lot of carelessness {not by her brother} and once the accident happened no one {including the adult with the teenagers} called to get help. After three hours they reported it but that time was so critical to his recovery. He is now in a nursing home and their family is in desperate need for the funds to get him into a rehab center. He is 17 years old.
 
I'm asking you to please think and pray about helping them out financially. They {and I} would be so grateful and every little bit counts. Nothing is to small. You can give here.
 
If you can't give financially, you can do two other very important things. Pray. Pray for his healing, the funds, for a rehab center to take his case on, for his family in this time. Also, share this. Share my blog on your Facebook, or write your own post.
 
If you want to stay updated on Mayberry, here is the Facebook page his mom updates. You can also sign the petition here to help get justice for him.
 
If you do anything from all of what I said above, thank you. I know their family is so grateful and I can't even imagine what it would be like to be going through that with a son.
 
{Six}
 
That's right. I'm shaking this up a little.
 
Basically because my son is precious, and things he says should be recorded so I can remember them forever. Here are a few sweet things from this week.
 
Linc: "Mommy, I love you when you're sleeping."
Me:" You do?"
Linc: "Yeah. I love you when you're awake, too."
 
Linc: "God, please help Mommy pass her test."
 
My sister's dog, Chance, is staying with us this week while they're on vacation and the other day I saw Lincoln walking around with my mechanical pencil and the lead was sticking far out. He looked really determined so I asked him what he was doing. "I'm trying to give Chance a shot." That, folks, is why you don't show your child how to give a shot.
 
Linc was running around like a crazy person the other morning and I said what're you doing? He said, "I'm trying to find Chance. I'm trying to find my best friend." Good luck getting your dog back, sister.
 
 
Because when you're three year old asks to have a picnic in the front yard and then take silly pictures, you do it. And it goes down as an amazing memory. I love this boy and that precious face.
 
Tomorrow morning I'm going to be back posting {Two days in a row?! What?!} my favorite Bible verses for when anxiety wants to consume your heart. I hope y'all have an amazing weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing person Carrington, thank you so much for always praying for and sending love and support to my family. I am so thankful for you, love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love love love your family picture. Wow are we both blessed in the family department!!

    I love that first verse. I still have it up on my kitchen chalkboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of prayer for your friends family -- and for Mia's, too! Congratulations on passing your class! Hope you guys had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete