Friday, June 13, 2014

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, friends! Wednesday I had a test so I took that night to read my bible, a book, and blog! Which is exactly why you have quite a few posts coming your way! Look out Monday for a swim lesson update! {Hint: it's super cute!}

I posted Linc's graduation/last day of school pictures yesterday and if you missed that you can go check it out now. 


Here are my five things this week! 

{One}


Monday was a really good day. All three things I was waiting for in the mail arrived! The book I ordered, the necklace {which is on sale right now. You're welcome.} I won from the giveaway on Elise's blog, and the box I needed to ship my computer to my warranty people to see what they can do about fixing it. 

I've started the book and it's amazing, I haven't worn the necklace {because I literally haven't worn anything dressier than a tshirt since then. Yikes!}, and I did get my computer shipped. They have also received my computer since then so I will know in 2-5 days what I need to do. 


{Two}

I PASSED MY TEST!!!!!!!! I made an 84!

I am two weeks away from being done with this class. Please be praying for me as I take my last exam and a HUGE hesi test. 


{Three} 


Lincoln is all of the sudden obsessed with Batman. Seriously. It's Batman everything at this point.

My sister and Matt came over last night and brought a Batman shirt and sunglasses they got him. He was thrilled, put it on immediately, and insisted he sleep in the shirt AND the sunglasses. So I said why not?

And like Lincoln's signature style.. the glasses are upside down.


{Four}

Last Sunday I served in the nursery at church for the first time and it was the sweetest thing. We had eight I think and it was just precious to love on them. As I held each one I prayed over them. Sometimes I think we want this huge vision from God.. this grand plan. Sometimes serving Him is holding babies in this nursery while parents get to go worship Him. 

Your part in Jesus plan is not small. No matter what it is.

In six months I will have a precious new baby to hold. I am so excited for my niece/nephew to get here. Seriously. I love this baby so much already and I can't wait to meet them!




{Five}


I bought Linc the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" this past Sunday and he literally has watched it at least 15 times since. 

So when I saw that "How to Train Your Dragon 2" was coming out I knew we had to go see it. Immediately.

So today we're heading to the movies to see it. In 3D!!!!!

Usually we don't see 3D movies because they're so expensive and he doesn't know the difference. But because this is his most favorite movie ever at this point, I figured we'd splurge and have a fun day with his favorite movie + 3D. 

I'm seriously so excited, and so is he! I'll let you know how it goes. 

And speaking of How to Train Your Dragon.. Lincoln asked me to draw a dragon the other day so I thought I'd be artistic and draw Toothless {the dragon from the movie}.. Before I was even done he looked at me and said, "That looks like a camel." #momfail

What are some fun things you're looking forward to?

4 comments:

  1. such exciting news about the baby on the way! I love those bridesmaid dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will love the 3D! We took Abigail to see Frozen in 3D and she still talks about watching the movie with glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your test! My dad gave me a similar Dave Ramsey book when I graduated college and it was a really good read. I still pull it out sometimes to look over! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister in law and her family do Dave Ramsey. It seems like it's working great for them!!
    So exciting about a new baby niece/nephew! :)
    Also... I don't know about you, but I've been super bummed about missing five on Friday for the summer. If you're interested my friend Karli {september FARM} and I {the farmer's wife} are starting up a link-up "oh hey, friday!" with the exact same outline and would love for you to join us tomorrow or any Friday! Hope to see you there.
    xoxo
    Amy
    denimandplaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete