Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Batman + Life Lately

I've really been missing my life lately posts, where I post pictures of what we've been up to. So I'm going to try to do those more often now. They're usually long, but I know I'll want to look back and see these pictures. 


So here's what we've been up to the past few weeks.



My mom gave me this coffee cup {a couple weeks early} for Father's Day. It's always special when someone recognizes a single mom on Father's Day. Isn't it so cute!?


Lincoln lined these up and said, "Look! It's a C!"


SO excited for his first swim lesson.


We tackled swim lessons!


My friends and I piled in my car before our first psychiatric clinicals. 


Linc decided {in 90 degree weather} to wear slippers and I said yes.


We played at our favorite park with friends.


I went for a nine mile bike ride and had some seriously sweet time with Jesus.


We watched How to Train Your Dragon for the first time which just so happened to start a huge obsession.


We've been to the beach quite a few times, too. We even have a new favorite spot!


My new book and necklace got here! 


We had more swim lessons!


We went for frozen yogurt to celebrate my 84!


We went trail walking in the "secret forest" and Linc picked my mom and me flowers.


Our obsession with Batman began.


We headed to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 in 3D .. and then left because Linc was terrified. But at least we looked cute.


Lincoln modeled in our driveway.


My sister and brother-in-law added fuel to the Batman fire by bringing over a paid of pajamas, two new shirts, and a shirt with a cape on it. That's on top of the other Batman shirt, Batman cup, and Batman toy he has. He literally hasn't gone a day since without wearing something Batman.


We went out to dinner for Father's Day.


Where my dad sung "My Linc" and danced in the parking lot. {His version of "my Girl"}



I found Linc sleeping like this for the second time that week. That can't be comfortable. {See.. Batman pajamas}


I found this on Facebook and loved it. So perfect.



I posted this picture on Instagram {@carefuss} and you people went nuts. That's what happens when you don't get dressed up much.


Happy Father's Day to the Dad who has been there since the beginning. You have coached me, stood by me through a teenage pregnancy, stood in the delivery room with me, loved Linc since the beginning, helped, encouraged, provided, and loved me.. You are the epitome of what a dad should be and I love you more than words can say. Lincoln and I love and appreciate you. 

And to top off the sweet with a little bit of terrifying.. Lincoln came in the room and said, "Look at this!" Oh my word.

So that's what we've been up to these past few weeks. I hope you're having an amazing week and seeing God in everything you do. 

5 comments:

  1. I love that mug and I love that your mom got it for you for Fathers day. You are such a wonderful mother, I know I don't know you personally, but girl it shows. Lincoln is a special and blessed little boy ;) Your dad sounds pretty special too. Love it. What beach are you near?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Linc!! I audibly went "awww!" right here at my computer. Dancing in the parking lot to a personalized song. Sweetness.

    THE WAY HE IS SLEEPING hahahaha.

    If there is one thing that IG loves, it's a gussied up selfie. And also a picture of an alcoholic beverage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all of these pictures!! And so great that you mom got you something for father's day... so sweet :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessed with that mug. sweet linc is one precious babe. And you are one beautiful mama -- inside and out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great pictures!! Looks like you guys are doing summer right :) The Batman obsession is too funny and the way he is sleeping is crazy, how can that be comfortable?!? Hope you're having another amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete