Saturday, June 28, 2014

10 Bible Verses for Anxiety


If you've been following me for a while then you know I'm in nursing school. Out of all the things that could possibly stress me out in life nursing school does it best {and also potty training.. but that's a post for a different day}.

Tuesday night I was studying for my hesi/final and I got a text that our newest class had opened online. I looked at the schedule and immediately panicked. I'm talking rapid breathing, sweating, how-am-I-ever-going-to-survive panic.
 
I knew I didn't need to freak out because I had my test in the morning and I also knew that studying more for my test wasn't going to help when I was already stressing out.
 
I headed to my room and pulled out my Bible, a notebook, a pen and a highlighter and I went to finding any possible verse that could calm my anxious heart.

Yours may not be nursing school. It may be your spouse, kids, finances, job, whatever. We all have things that send us into a panic.

The key to calming our anxious hearts isn't to have all the answers, it's to trust in the One who does.

I find that the best thing I can do when I'm upset is to go sit in the presence of the One who has it all figured out. The One who knows my heart, my needs, and my circumstances.

These are the verses that helped calm my heart.

Thus says The Lord to you: 'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours but God's.' 2 Chronicles 20:15
 
And those who know Your Name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have no forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10
 
I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart. Psalm 9:1
 
In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul. Psalm 94:19
 
I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. Psalm 46:4



Blessed is the man who trusts in The Lord, and whose hope is in The Lord. Jeremiah 17:7
 
I will set up shepherds over them who will feed them; and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, nor shall they be lacking, says The Lord. Jeremiah 23:4
 
With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26
 
When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to The Rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2
 
Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
What are some verses you turn to when your anxiety gets the best of you?

2 comments:

  1. 1 Peter 5:7 has always been a favorite of mine! So simple and easy to remember - I've repeated it many times to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carrington! These are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete