Saturday, May 31, 2014

Broken Computers and Worship

Last night I put Lincoln to bed and then sat down on the couch to read my Bible. I read in Matthew and Luke but what really stood out to me was this verse.. 

"And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.” {Matthew 8:2 NKJV}

The leper came to Jesus and worshipped Jesus before Jesus ever made him clean. He had something that needed to be fixed, something that needed to be healed, but before He ever asked for himself, he worshipped Jesus. 

When I read that, it really made me think. When I'm going through something, do I worship before asking Him to change my situation? Or am I so self-absorbed with my own needs that I'm asking God to do what I want, and do it now? 

After my Bible study, I did some homework and then was doing something online when boom. My computer crashed. I mean, straight up died.

I was really hoping to get another year out of this computer because while I have the money.. I have more important things to spend it on. 

My mom has a computer and I can just use hers, but I can't take it with me because it's not a laptop, and I'll have to buy certain programs so I can use it for school. So really.. I'm probably just spoiled by having my own, but it was really bothering me. Either way I look at it, I'm going to have to spend money that I wasn't planning on spending any time soon.

So here I am in tears and I hear Jesus say, "Worship me."

Don't you know that worship happens in so many different ways? Sometimes it's happy and joyful, and sometimes it's laying facedown on the floor with tears in your eyes but saying, Jesus, you are still so good and You are still my provider. No matter what.

When I got my Bible out after I prayed I flipped straight to this..

"God is our refuge and strength, 
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed, 
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling.
There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of The Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted. 

The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge.

Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
He mnakes wars cease to the ends of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth! 

The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge."

{Psalm 46} 

My computer is still broken. I still don't have $800+ to spend on a laptop and programs. But my Jesus is still faithful to provide.

Maybe you're going through something today. It seems hopeless. Maybe it's worse than having to buy a new laptop, maybe it's not. But I do know one thing. 

He is Jehovah Jirah. 


1 comment:

  1. Just keep pressing on. The money should surface right when you need it, with better and more ample tech in tow. Your situation will work out in time. All the best!

    Cordia Remsen @ RB's Computer Service

    ReplyDelete