Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Hi, friends! It's been a while since I've participated in Thankful Thursday and I've really missed it. But because I am DONE with school {for six days} this week you get to hear all about what I'm thankful for!

Here goes!

I'm thankful for your prayers. I don't say that lightly or just to have something to write down. I really mean it. I have asked y'all to pray just about every week of this semester and have been filled with a peace about school that I just can't quite describe. I know fully that it's because of people's prayers for me that I got through this semester. So thank you. I really appreciate it more than you'll ever know. {And as next semester starts, I'll be asking for more!}

I'm thankful for Jesus. I say a lot that I'm thankful for grace and for Godly community and friendships, and things that are byproducts of Jesus.. But today I'm just thankful for Jesus. I'm thankful that in spite of the fact that He knew who I would become, He knew what I would do and that I would run far from Him, He created me anyways. He took the time to form me by hand. He loves me in spite of my failures and habits and hang-ups, and today I'm just thankful for Him. I'm so thankful for the Man who loves me most.



I'm thankful for Lincoln. In every way possible, I couldn't imagine my life without him. I know for certain I wouldn't have the relationship I have with Jesus if God hadn't opened my eyes to unconditional love through Lincoln. I'm a daughter, a sister, a friend.. But my greatest role on this earth is being Lincoln's mom. I adore that boy and I consider it a joy to be his mom.




I'm thankful for a break. Six days is a bigger break than I've had in a while and I'm so grateful for it. I have so much to catch up on that I've put off throughout this semester so it's so nice to have this time to get a few things done before I go into a crazy busy Summer.

I'm thankful for Lincoln's school. His school and teachers have been such a blessing this year. I worried a lot going into it how I would be looked at being so young and I never once felt judged. His teachers have shown him Jesus and he has come out of this school year having learned so much. I'm so thankful that he had the opportunity to go this year and to go back next year.




So that's what I'm thankful for this week! Come back tomorrow for an especially happy and exciting Five on Friday! I'm so excited to share some things with you!

10 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful! Continued prayers for school and hope you have the best break! Enjoy it - you deserve it!! Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet friend! I always appreciate the prayers! Happy Thursday!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great post Carrington! You have such a sweet family & I'm so glad you're happy with Lincoln's school! Enjoy your break from school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do have the sweetest family!

      Delete
  3. A great post! A 6 day break is amazing, I bet you felt so refreshed :) Lincoln looks so precious in that pic on the bench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six days seems like an eternity, so I'm very excited! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. So many things to be thankful for!! I'm blessed by you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell ya, I'm thankful for you!! Honestly, you are such a breath of fresh air & I'm so thankful our blog paths crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend. God knows what He's doing when He ordains friendships.. even if they come about from states away!

      Delete