Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mother's Day

I had the sweetest Mother's Day. Such an awesome time with my family and Lincoln. The perfect day, really.

It's an absolute luxury to spend the whole day with Lincoln. Between his school, my school, and work, it's a rarity that we spend the whole day together. I was so thankful that Mother's Day happened to be the week that I was off from school. Seriously, Jesus couldn't have timed that any better!

Ironically {Happy Mother's Day to me!}, Lincoln woke me up around midnight on Mother's Day and I took him back to bed, laid with him, and fell asleep in his bed. I never woke up until he did in the morning {this has happened a lot lately}. 

In the morning, my morning child {read: complete opposite of me in that department} looked at me and said, "Open your eyes! Get out of bed!"



We got up and opened presents first thing. Lincoln {aka, my mom} got me flowers, a cross Alex and Ani bracelet, and a card. The sweetest part was the way Lincoln opened my presents and handed them to me. {Thank you Mom for always thinking of me every holiday even now that I'm a mom. Without you I wouldn't have a GPS, a gold bracelet, or flowers. And that would be a travesty. Especially the GPS.}



We headed to church and after church my sister, Matt, my parents, Lincoln and I all went to Outback for lunch. Lincoln wanted to hold my hand on the ride to lunch. So sweet.



When we got home Lincoln went with my parents to the store to get flowers to plant {I obviously didn't participate because if I did they would die. Immediately}. After they finished I let Linc play outside in the sprinkler for quite a while I read a book. He had a blast getting muddy and wet and even almost spraying me a few times.

He got a bath and we headed to the movies. We saw Legends of Oz. It was pretty cute, but some parts were a little scary for Lincoln {he's three}. We had popcorn and Lincoln and I had an icee. He's touchy but it's rare for him to sit in my lap during a movie so for about half the movie I was thrilled to hold him and snuggle with him.

This is where I should interject. You know those outfits that you wear and they're the most comfortable in the whole world. WELL I FOUND ONE. I'm always cold in the movies so I wore a pair of jeans, a super old shirt, and toms look-alikes.


Shirt: no clue
Jeans: Loft
Shoes: Madden Girl
Bracelet: Alex and Ani

It may not be the cutest outfit, but it was so comfortable.



After that we got home and got in pajamas and Lincoln did our normal bedtime routine. When I asked him to pick a book he picked "How do I love you?" It was such a perfect ending to a perfect day.

The best part was the way Lincoln was so sweet all day. Lincoln is a pretty sweet natured kid anyways, but it seemed like he was extra sweet Sunday. He wanted hugs and kisses and to hold hands. He told my parents at lunch he wanted to sit by Momma. He wanted to do everything with me. More than the presents and the lunch and the movies, his love was the best part of the day. I'm so thankful for the days where we have no where to go and nothing to do. They're my favorite. 

6 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so glad you had a good Mother's Day! I think you look great!! I'm gonna have to get a copy of that book you're reading. And that bible promise book for kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is really good so far, I'm having a hard time finishing it now though with school. The Bible promise book for kids is SO good! It really helps facilitate conversation!

      Delete
  2. Such a special day together! So happy you enjoyed your Mother's Day - you deserve it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there- what is that paint color on the wall behind you in the outfit photo? it looks like such a great, true gray! thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew! We bought it years ago! I love it though.

      Delete