Friday, May 30, 2014

Five on Friday {An insane sale + a cute ring bearer + more!}

Happy Friday, friends! If you missed my guest post on A + Life, go check that out now. If you're new around here, it's a good way to hear a little bit of my story!

I'm so excited to be back blogging today. I'm quickly finding out that my blogging isn't going to be as often as I like. With school going on there just isn't any way to definitely blog every week, so please be patient with my few and far between blogs. I'd love to blog more often but nursing school is way more important.



I am so excited to share my five things with y'all this week! In fact.. I started this post last Friday because I didn't want to forget my first two things! Here they are!

{One}

Let's be clear about this. I don't shop at Nordstrom. I don't even look at their website because hello. Money. I mean seriously, that place is ridiculously expensive. And do you really think a 21 year old, single mom, who is in full-time college has $80 {or the conscience} to pay for one pair of shoes? I don't think so.

I do, however, follow Shay and Sheaffer and they love Nordstrom. They post things from there constantly but I obviously don't pay too much attention that that part of their blog because I just know I won't be buying anything from there.

And then last Friday morning I was reading Shay's blog when she mentioned that THE CUTEST scarf went on sale for less than $9!!!! WHAT. 

{AND IT'S STILL ON SALE!!!!!}

Nordstrom has free shipping so I figured why not? I'll get my money's worth out of it in the first two weeks of Winter, no joke. I'm seriously pretty thrilled.

So that's how I ended up with this beauty.



{Two}



My parents came home from out of town with a shirt from me and a shirt for Linc two weeks ago and we got to wear them last Friday. I can tell I'll be wearing it a lot and so will Lincoln.

I'm all about a new t-shirt that's super cute and talks about Jesus.

{You can find both of these shirts and more HERE!}

The best part? My mom read this post and knew the shirt was just perfect for me. She's a good mom like that.


{Three}

I MADE AN 88 ON MY FIRST PSYCH TEST!!!!

That deserves capital letters.

Because of our teacher having to go out of town, we actually weren't taught the material so I was really freaking out not knowing what/how to study. But praise God, I passed my first test of the semester.


{Four}

Calm. Peace. Quiet.

My brother got married on Memorial Day so we were incredibly busy for a week before. If you don't know me in real life, I'm not someone who enjoys going out every day. It completely exhausts me. I really enjoy having quiet time at home. It recharges me and allows me to rest. To just go, go, go constantly is not something I'm good at.

So this week has been so nice. We've stayed in our pajamas in the morning, played at the park, and I've gone to sleep before 11. It's been a joy.

But the wedding was beautiful.

Soon{ish} I'm going to post a post with some pictures I have from the wedding weekend. Trust me. It will be worth the wait.



For now.. I'll leave you with this precious boy. {Follow me on instagram @carefuss for more!}


{Five}

I finished the Old Testament! Back in August {I think} I decided to read through the entire Bible chronologically and a week ago I finished the Old Testament.

Two things really stood out to me over and over.

One - We mess up. A lot. I mean the people who God saw as righteous and the people we think of as "heroes of the Bible" are murderers, thieves, liars.. But here is where two comes in..

Two - God is so faithful and forgiving. We mess up so often but there is no limit to the number of times that God will forgive us and call us His child. What a gracious and perfect God!

So I'm so excited to finally be in the New Testament. I love the way Jesus has changed my heart towards His Word over the past year.



Just for fun I'm leaving you with this sweet picture. My sister taught Linc how to wink yesterday. SO. CUTE.

So those are my five things today! Have an amazing weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Friday girl! Love the scarf :) That pic of him winking is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday! Thank you! I thought so too! Have an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the test score and the cheap and cute scarf, friend!! :)

    I find that the older I get the more and more I fall in love with the old testament. Do you guys have the Jesus Storybook Bible? I love reading that with Abigail because of the way it spells out how every single story in the bible is pointing to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      We do have that! I was actually thinking that the other day. It's made start reading my own Bible a lot differently!

      Delete
  3. Now that's a cute ring bearer for sure!
    I'm a new fan of yours and just want you to know, I love how you keep God in the forefront of who you are and what you share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I prayed about that a lot, so the fact that someone notices it means more than you'll ever know!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, stop. He is the cutest ring bearer! I can't wait for more pictures!! And I have that same scarf and LOVE it! I wear it allll the time with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the sweetest?! I will definitely have to put up more pictures next week! I have a few really sweet ones of him! I have a feeling we could definitely share closets! I love the scarf and I can't wait to wear it!

      Delete
  5. Oh how cute your son was in your bros wedding! Love your new shirt and great find on that scarf. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm late.. but happy week to you!

      Delete
  6. For real, I enjoy nordstrom but shopping there is a serious treat! Those wedges Robert got me for my birthday were a big deal!! Linc is so cute!!! Can't wait to hear more about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous of those wedges. I'm keeping my eye on them and praying they're there after nursing school!

      Delete
  7. I like your new scarf! I too have to skim their blogs because there is no way I'm paying those prices. :)
    Yay on the good psych test grade!
    So awesome that you read the whole OT!!
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete