Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday {Happy, happy, happy!}

Happy Friday! It's May.. when did that happen?? I don't know that I've ever been so excited to post my five things on Friday. Today I am so excited to share everything that's been going on lately around here {while I've obviously not been blogging}.


{One}



I PASSED PHARMACOLOGY!!!!!!!!!

Can I get an amen, thank God, hallelujah?! Monday I took my final, made an 84, and ended the class with an 86 {B}. So so SO happy to be done with that class finally and to move on. I appreciate your prayers this semester more than you know. God is so good to have watched over me and helped me this semester. Wednesday I will start my psychiatric nursing class and I am so excited to be that much closer to graduating! {One year from this month!}

{Two}

If you follow me on Instagram {@carefuss} then you already saw my big announcement..


I'M GOING TO BE A COCO {AN AUNT} AND LINCOLN IS GOING TO BE A BIG COUSIN!!!!!



 We are obviously incredibly excited for Matt and Kays {and let's face it.. completely excited for ourselves} and can't wait till the precious child gets here. Kays is due December 16th and my birthday is December 10th.. What an awesome birthday present!

{Three}

May is going to be so busy. I thought April was going to be, but May takes the cake. I was doing my calendar the other day and realized it's packed. Lincoln's last day of school is the 14th which is also my first day of school. I'm working more this month than last month. My brother gets married this month on the 26th, which means the 24th, 25th, and 26th are going to be packed with stuff. I have to catch up on 20 continuing education hours before the 15th.

And then in June, my baby starts swimming lessons. WHAT?!?! When did he get old enough for that? {Cue the tears.}

{Four}



This past week was revival at our church and it was incredible! God was present in that place in a mighty way. All of the links are online. Seriously.. I challenge you to go watch all of them. You'll get so much out of it!

Click here to go to the page where you can see all of the messages. 

{Five}



 Lincoln and I read three things before he goes to bed.. His Bible, a devotional, and a book. While we were reading his devotional a few nights ago, it asked this question.. "What would you want if you could have anything?" When I asked him, he looked up at me and smiled and without missing a beat said, "My Mommy!" Seriously. How sweet is he. I'm so thankful for his heart.

Wednesday he came home from school with a Mother's Day card and in the inside it said, "I love my mother because..." And then a blank for him to say why he loves me. Do you know what my boy put? "Because she cooks something for me.." Oh my word. My heart is now a puddle. He is the sweetest. {And I'm so glad he loves that I can microwave so well!}

So there are my five things this week! Have an amazing weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Great post indeed!! Congratulations on passing pharmacology!!!! You rock, girlfriend! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying. One more year!

      Delete
  2. WOW! Congrats on passing your pharmacology class. That's awesome. Have to say, I loved looking around your blog (blog stalking a little, but I'm not a creep) :) l look forward to following along!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Stalk away! Haha. I'm glad you're following along!

      Delete
  3. What exciting news! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats auntie!! So exciting! And a big congrats on passing your pharmacology class! That has to be the best feeling :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to both! It's an amazing feeling! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, too!

      Delete
  5. Here from the linkup! Congrats on passing pharm. I remember that being brutal! Good luck with psych nursing too!

    PS we share the same birthday!

    aintnodramamama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went and looked at your blog.. We both live on an island, too! So awesome! The class was awful, I'm so thankful to be done!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on passing Pharmacology!!! That's such a huge deal! I have a friend in pharmacy school, and I've heard all about that class!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was awful. I'm so happy to be done! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  7. #1!!! YAY!!! So many congratulations, girl! Wonderful!

    Our anniversary is Dec 16th and Jim's birthday is the 18th :) It's a lovely time of year! Congrats Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We have so much going on in December and it sounds like y'all do, too!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on being an aunt it is the best!
    Have an awesome Mothers Day!
    Mariel Collins
    Living For His Glory
    livingforhisglory2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have an amazing weekend!

      Delete