Monday, May 12, 2014

A Very Special Guest

Happy Monday, friends! A while back through the blogging world I met a sweet Godly friend named Kristal. She has become such a source of encouragement and inspiration and I'm so excited to announce that she's taking over the blog today with some serious truth! When you're done reading hop on over to her blog and stay a while. I promise you'll love her, too!

Hi, I'm Kristal from The Strong Family. I blog about my faith, family and life. I'm excited to be guest posting for Carrington today. Thank you so much, Carrington, for allowing me to take over your blog today!
**************************************************
Comparison on my mind a lot lately. Such a dangerous trail that is...



When I compare myself, whether it be my looks, my gifts/talents, my marriage, my parenting, whatever it is, to others, I always come up short. Somebody always looks better, performs better, has a stronger marriage, has perfectly behaved children...is always better than I am. But is that really the case? Is what I'm seeing really how it is behind closed doors or in the quiet of the day when nobody is watching? I seriously doubt it.

And you know what, it's ok if that's not how it is behind closed doors or in the quiet of the day! Because of the blood of Jesus, we have the freedom and grace to admit that we don't have it altogether. That we're not perfect! As a child of God, I am being made new in Christ. I am a new creation. Learning, growing, maturing every single day.


And on that journey, there will be bumps in the road, times when I don't get things right, and that's ok! When I'm focusing on Jesus, and not others around me, I realize that to Him I am enough...imperfections and all! And when I focus on Him and allow Him to have complete control of my life, He makes me better, He molds me into the best version of myself, this side of heaven.

This can be a difficult thing to remember sometimes, especially in light of social media. When those times of comparision creep in and I begin to believe the lies of the Devil, I need to step away and step into His presence and let Him love on me and show me the Truth! 

Are you struggling with comparision? Let me point you to The One who can reveal the Truth about who you really are to Him.

Thanks again, Carrington, for having me today! You can keep up with me on my blog, Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin or Pinterest.


Isn't she awesome?! Thank you so much, Kristal, for taking over the blog today! You did awesome and I'm so thankful for your friendship! Have an amazing Monday, friends!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me!! I'm blessed to call you friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I am so glad you posted! It was so timely!

      Delete
  2. Great post, that Steven Furtick quote is a fave of mine, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this! The quote about comparing your life to other's highlight reels is SO true... especially regarding social media. It's easy to see the "perfect" pictures and think that is how someone's everyday life is.. comparison is a dangerous trap to fall into! Thank you for sharing this, Kristal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do that often, don't we? She did such a good job!

      Delete
  4. And this is why I'm so lucky to call Kristal my friend! I just love her heart! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her heart is the sweetest! Such a great post!

      Delete
  5. I think you made such a good point Kristal, we don't HAVE to have it all together, and that's okay! Thank you for all of the encouragement in this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did such a great job, didn't she?!

      Delete