Friday, April 18, 2014

Welcome to the Family

Yesterday we added a new member to our family. She's cute, cuddly, and only ten weeks old. It was random. It wasn't planned. It was an early birthday present for Linc man. And it may have just been the best surprise he's ever gotten. No joke.

My son is in love.

It really all happened during a seemingly innocent trip into Petsmart. We were buying time until the movie started when Lincoln spotted it.

A guinea pig.

And in the sweetest, most precious little voice ever, he looked up at my mom and I and said, "I want one of those for my birthday." {Hearts melted.} Then he proceeded to tell us he'd name it Brownie.

My mom immediately mentioned all the reasons why he couldn't have one and so I had given up hope. But two days later, she agreed.

Let me just tell you. If everything she's done for Lincoln so far doesn't prove her love for him, this sure does. She hates pets. She loves having none. She'd give that boy {and my siblings and I} the world. And I love her for it.

So we decided this would be Lincoln's early birthday present. Yesterday afternoon my sister got off work and came over to watch Lincoln for me to run to Petco and pick out 'Brownie' and everything else we'd need for her.

Let me just tell you. Being a mom is amazing. It's the best job in the world. But there are few moments in life that are better than when you get the satisfaction of watching your child in pure joy. This happened to me when we went to see Sesame Street Live and it happened yesterday afternoon.

Here is the video of Lincoln meeting Brownie for the first time. Prepare to smile! 


The pictures are worth a thousand million words.

Meet our sweet Brownie.



Look at that precious face.

  
  

His favorite thing to do is let Brownie lay on his belly.

  
  
He was SO excited about that water bottle.


Sister helped too!

"Look at my toes!"
  

"I'm just watching her!"

Then we let Brownie play in the playroom.

Can you find Brownie?

For dinner we had a picnic with Brownie.
  
Then we let her run around in the hall.

He loves Brownie.


"Papa, you want to hold her?"

Sweetheart.

Happy early birthday, sweet Lincoln! I hope you enjoy Brownie for a long long time!

2 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest thing! You can just see the joy radiating from him in these pictures! A birthday he'll never forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest thing! You can just see the joy radiating from him in these pictures! A birthday he'll never forget :)

    ReplyDelete