Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, friends! It is almost the weekend and I am so excited {I'll share more tomorrow}! Here are the things I've been thankful for this week!


This boy. Always.

I'm thankful for God's Word. I spent a lot of time reading the Bible just because I knew it was the right thing to do, but not really enjoying it. I prayed a couple of weeks ago that God would give me a thirst for His Word, and He came through! I am so eager to read The Bible lately and because of that, I'm learning so much more!




I'm thankful for peace. A few things have shaken me up this week and as soon as fear began to invade my heart, Jesus invaded stronger.

I'm thankful for my parents. My parents so love Lincoln and I. They are willing to do whatever it takes to help me out whether that includes finances or watching Lincoln for me to study/work. I'm so grateful for them.





I'm thankful for Ikea. Come back tomorrow to hear why!

I'm thankful for Lincoln's laughter and spirit. This boy makes me laugh like nothing else. His joy is so contagious and I love to just listen to him talk. He just loves life so much and it makes me love life that much more!



Those are the things I'm most thankful for this week! What are you thankful for?

14 comments:

  1. We don't have an Ikea near us - the closest one is like 2.5 hours away :( Sad face...
    I love when I crave God's word like that! He's got something to say to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours is three hours away.. haha. But when we need something we go for all day long trips! He always has something to say! It's the sweetest!

      Delete
  2. To be thankful for peace - how good. It's been so very lacking in my own life lately, but I love how you put it: that Jesus invaded your life stronger. That's the sweet goodness of our Lord, hey? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to fear a lot, don't we? But He always invades stronger when we let Him!

      Delete
  3. Oh IKEA.. I have a love/hate relationship with that place! Love it because it's amazing (obviously) but also hate it because I can't leave there without spending an absurd amount of money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, exactly! We think so much alike!

      Delete
  4. That last picture is precious! So awesome to have such supportive parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for! Praise God for His answered prayer and your newfound clarity with Scripture! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always so much to be thankful for!

      Delete
  6. hi from the link up! Your little one is too sweet. And I love that you have a renewed thirst for the word, I completley understand getting out of the "groove". Love all that you are thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! You got a new study bible! I have awesome parents, too, and they are just irreplaceable!

    ReplyDelete