Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hello, April

April is here.. already! Happy Tuesday to my awesome blog friends. I've really missed posting and your comments while I've been reading about anti-inflammatory and anti-gout meds. {I know. Sounds thrilling.} Today's post will probably be a huge mess and a whole lot of random since it's been so long. Here we go!


If you missed my post about what I feel God's been telling me about my quiet time, click here. And click here for my post about our special visitor last week.

Despite my attempts to keep April from coming, it's here. {I feel like the Grinch}. It's Lincolns birthday month and we are in full birthday mode! On the 19th my sweet baby boy turns three. How crazy is that! I'm about to have a THREE. YEAR. OLD. I won't be over that for another six months. Let the sappy blog posts/comments begin!

Everything is almost all ready for Lincoln's birthday! His cake has been ordered, his birthday t-shirt was shipped yesterday, the party favors are bought and put together, the presents have been bought, and the invitations go out this week! Yay for parties and birthday and precious gifts from God!


Today I'm taking Lincoln to his first dentist appointment. I'm jumping up and down. And just so excited. Did you catch the sarcasm? Yesterday morning while I was at school Linc chipped his front tooth, and I'm pretty sure he has a cavity. Grand. Just grand. I'm already terrified of the dentist and it really doesn't help that I read about a three year old who died from the sedative at the dentist. Seriously?! If you want to get on your knees and pray for us, I'd so appreciate it. I'm nervous and freaking out and it's possible that they may need a sedative for this crazy mom.

And then some AMAZING news! I asked y'all Friday to be praying for my test yesterday and I got my grade back yesterday afternoon. I made a 94! In my nursing school a 94-100 is an A. {Did that shock anyone as much as it shocked me?!} Our other standard is that you have to make an average of 80 {which is a C} on your tests to pass. Even if you make an average of 79 and your other work brings it up to an 80, you still fail. We in my nursing class like to say, "C's get degrees." Everyone goes into nursing school thinking they want good grades and we come out wanting to pass. We're over achievers, really. Anyways! So I made my first A on a test! I'm so excited. My God is so good and so faithful.


Sunday morning my church is doing a special thing looking back at the past years of God's faithfulness and at one point I'll have to walk onstage. I did this a while back and it was fine. I just am not a huge fan of being in front of people. It completely terrifies me and is outside of my comfort zone. I know it's for God's glory, so it's completely worth it. When it is up I'll post a link so you can see it. My sister and brother-in-law will be there with me!

I'm reading the Bible through chronologically and in May I start the New Testament! Crazy! I'm really enjoying reading it through and enjoying it even more now than I'm actually trying to study and comprehend what I'm reading.


Other than that, life is the same. School, work, and Lincoln are keeping me busy. May will bring a new semester of school and I can't wait! But for now.. April will be fun and busy and wonderful!

Here's to a sweet third birthday month for my favorite little man!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a pretty wonderful month ahead of you, friend. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! Thank you! I've missed you, friend!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the test score!! We are doing a year-long chronological bible reading as well but we don't start the New Testament until the end of September! Weird! Praying for you guys at the dentist today, hope everything goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I started mine back in late Summer/early Fall so that's why I'm already there. I love that y'all are doing it too!

      Delete
  3. You made an A!!!!! Awesome!! How was the dentist appt?! Hopefully way better than you anticipated. Yay for Linc's birthday month....as difficult as it is for us mommies to swallow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dentist appointment was good as far as the people. I loved the office. However, Lincoln had a lot of steroids when he was younger and the dentist said it stripped away his enamel. So he has one cavity and four teeth that need to be sealed. A whole lot of money and he has to be sedated. We could use a whole lot more prayer!

      Delete