Monday, March 31, 2014

What Can I Pray For

A while back I posted a blog on what God has been challenging me most about. I've reread it many times since then. Prayer is how we come before The Father. Prayer is how we talk to our Creator. Prayer is such a precious gift from God. I grew up saying the routine prayers before meals and before bed, but lately God has really been speaking to me on prayer.

I could go into more detail, but it's really all up there in that link. Go check it out and then come back. I promise I'll wait.

You're back? Great!

I love praying for people. I seriously love it. It seriously brings me immense joy knowing I can go to The Savior on someone else's behalf. I have watch God answer prayers over and over in my life and the lives of others. I believe whole heartedly that God knows our hearts and God hears our prayers. And while He may not always answer how we want Him to, He always answers.

A friend of mine said it better than I ever could have: "The best/strongest/most powerful/loving thing you can do for someone is to storm the gates of Heaven on their behalf."

What beautiful words.

With all that said, I want to pray for you. I have a board on my wall in my room where I write my prayer requests and requests for others. I'd love to be able to lift you and your circumstance up to Jesus.

Every so often I actually post a Facebook status asking what I can be praying for people and I thought it was a good idea to start asking here. In fact, I may start a monthly thing where I ask.

So how can I pray for you? You can leave a comment here if you don't mind others seeing it. If it's a private request, you can email me at carefuss{at}aol{dot}com. If you don't want me to know the situation you can just leave your name.

Also if you don't mind me putting these on my blog for people to see.. I'd like to start a page at the top for prayer requests and when they are answered I'd love to be able to share that, too!

So how can I pray for you, friend?

2 comments:

  1. I DO NOT do well when Robert is gone. Please pray for peace & rest when he's traveling. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been praying for you! I can't imagine how that must be!

      Delete