Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Liebster Award

So last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award and this week I've been nominated for ...... you guessed it! The Liebster Award. 

Thank you, Kendwy and Kristal for nominating me! 

Since two different people nominated me, I feel like I should get myself to work and publish this. Also, because two people had two different sets of questions, we're going to have double the fun and I'm going to answer 22 questions! Yay!



{The Rules of The Liebster Award}

  • Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
  • Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post.
  • Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them.
  • Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them. No tag backs!
{My 11 Facts} 

1. I had 50% hearing loss when I was younger. It was fully corrected with tubes in my ears. 

2. The worst feeling in this world is throwing up. Labor? Pain? Doesn't phase me. But if I'm sick on my stomach, I turn into the biggest baby you've ever seen. I told my mom when I was going through morning sickness that it was never going to end, while crying my eyes out and sitting on the bathroom floor.

3. I'm terrified of the dentist and speaking in front of people. Ask my family and the people in nursing school with me. Terrified. 

4. I dislocated my ankle when I was 17 sliding into third base playing softball. It was so crooked that I could see the bottom of my foot laying on my back. {I was safe, by the way.}

5. I'm obsessed with Christmas. If I could have my house decorated all year I would. Yeah. I'm one of those people.

6. I wear at least three pieces of jewelry every day: earrings, my 'Forgiven' ring, and a ring I got for Christmas last year. 

7. I thoroughly enjoy killing snakes. It's seriously fun to me. I have a picture of me in a dress {because we just got home from church} and leopard print rain boots killing one.  It's a sickening type of enjoyment, I know. 

8. My favorite animal is the Okapi.

9. I can't dance. At all. My brother and McKenzie think I'm going to dance at their wedding. No. Just no.

10. I refuse to sleep under a sheet. I have sheets on my bed, but I lay on top of them.

11. I didn't own makeup until I turned 19, and I only own it now because my mom gave me some for my birthday. I couldn't even tell you what I put on. 

{11 22 Questions to Answer}

1. What are your biggest motivators in life? 
Lincoln is really my biggest motivation in life. He's why I work so hard. And as far as school/career goes, I just want people to see a different side of teenage moms {Just to clarify: I am not a teenager anymore. Hallelujah}. I want people to know that our circumstances don't have to dictate our future.

2. If you could change one event in your life, what would it be and why? 
I don't know that I'd change any events. I regret things, yes, but I believe God has really used everything to get me here.

3. Do you have any siblings?
I do. I have sister and a brother, Kaysley and Pearce. I also have a brother-in-law, Matt, who is more like a brother than a brother-in-law.

4. What are your favorite blog topics to write about? 
I love to write about what Jesus lays on my heart and also things about Lincoln. Really those are the only two things I blog about.

5. What are your favorite blog topics to read about? 
I like reading blog topics on faith.  They're always so encouraging.

6. What is your favorite blog to follow?
Oh gosh. I don't have one favorite. These are the two I read the most: Meg @ One Great Adventure & Kristal @ The Strong Family

7. Do you have any hidden talents?
My brother says I'm a really good encourager. I love to go to random people's Facebooks and send them encouraging messages. I'm not sure if that's a talent but I couldn't think of anything else.

8. Besides blogging, what are other things that you enjoy doing?
I love reading, running, and playing with Linc man.

9. If money was no deterrent, name 1 thing you would love to do. 
I would go to Israel to see The Holy Land. 

10. What is your idea of a perfect day?
I love doing things with Lincoln. My perfect day includes time with Jesus, coffee, and spending the day with Lincoln.

11. What would you consider one of your imperfections?
Not gonna lie, I'm messy. God's working on me.

{Here are my questions from Kristal}

1. What do you love about blogging?
I love blogging because it's my way of expressing myself. I love sharing what God lays on my heart here, and I love sharing what's going on with Lincoln. I also love the amazing friendships you make with other bloggers.

2. What does a typical day look like for you?
A typical day is different every day. I'll do a Monday. Linc and I get up and get ready and I take him to school at 9. I come home, eat breakfast, read my Bible, straighten up, and usually study. I pick him back up at 12 and we sometime come home but sometimes I surprise him with a trip to the park/beach/zoo. We eat dinner around 5:30. He gets a bath at 7. I get a shower after that. We're in bed by 7:45 reading his Bible and he's usually asleep by 8:15. Then I drive out to my sister's to watch The Bachelor {See number 3!}. By the time I get home I go straight to bed. {There's usually a load of laundry/dishes/cleaning rooms thrown in there.}

3. Do you have any "guilty pleasure" TV shows?
The Bachelor. I'm obsessed. 

4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I'd still live here. I love this town.

5. What's the most important thing I should know about you?
I love Jesus. That is by far the most important thing about me. 

6. What's one place you have to visit in your lifetime?
The Holy Land.

7. Do you have any summer vacation destinations you visit yearly?
Nope. We don't go on Vacation much.

8. Do you prefer the ocean or mountains?
I live a whopping two minutes from the ocean, so I'd say the ocean.

9. What's your favorite flower?
I don't know that I have a favorite. I just love getting flowers.

10. If you could do anything without fear of failure, what would it be?
I'd write a book.

11. Do you get up early or stay up late?
Linc and I get up around 7 and I go to bed around 11. So neither? I'd have to say I'm better at staying up late though. I hate mornings.

{My 11 Questions to You}

1. If you could have lunch with one person {past or present} who would it be?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What is your most valuable possession?
4. What do you do for a living?
5. If you could change your name, would you? And what to?
6. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
7. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
8. What is your best trait?
9. What is the best present you've ever been given?
10. What's your favorite quote?
11. Have you ever met anyone famous?

I'm nominating:
Meg @ One Great Adventure
McKenzie @ Fussell Party of Two {Yes. This is my future sister-in-law.}
Rachel @ Floral and Fudge
Courtney @ A Plus Life
Kristin @ A Mom on The Run
Erica @ Simple Love

Done!!!! It only took me one cup of coffee {and a google search of random questions} to finish this. Hallelujah! If you read this whole thing I'm impressed! 

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow for Thankful Thursday! Have an amazing day! 

6 comments:

  1. I just love you and loved reading this and getting to know you better! I could comment on all of them, but that might be a little much. :) I can't believe you sleep on top of the sheets. I have this weird thing where I HAVE to be under a sheet, even in the summer. I can't dance either!! Seriously, I'm like Elaine from Seinfeld...it's awful! I would totally buy your book. You should pursue that dream. And Israel...yes! On my bucket list for sure. Finally, I'm TOTALLY jealous that you live 20 min from the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, on top of the sheets is super weird. I've only ever met one other person who does it. Strange! I've been praying about the book thing quite a while!

      Delete
  2. I am the biggest baby when I get sick to my stomach as well! It's really not fun! And I had to look up an okapi because I had never heard of it! Pretty cool! I have these same questions going up in a post next week and my answer for Kristal's question was also to write a book :) And I'm so jealous you live so close to the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've awful! Yay I can't wait to read yours!

      Delete
  3. You are the best encourager and you are dancing at the wedding! :) Yay can't wait to do mine!

    ReplyDelete