Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, friends! {Wasn't it just Thursday two days ago???} Anyways. The weeks are flying by, which happens every year right before Lincoln's birthday. Here's what I'm thankful for this week!




I'm thankful for peace. This world, life, circumstances, all try to throw worry at us. They threaten our comfort. But for us believers, we have a Father who promises to give us a peace that passes all understanding {Phillippians 4:7}. What a beautiful promise!

I'm thankful for visits with my brother. My brother came into town {blog to come!} to see us for a few days and what an amazing time we had! Lincoln adores him and had an incredible time and then when Lincoln went to school we reverted back to our little kid ways and had a nerf gun war. The few days were filled with laughter and joy and Jesus. The best combination!




I'm thankful for Jesus. The perfect and blameless man loves me enough to give His life for me. I can't completely fathom it, but I'm grateful for it every day.

I'm thankful for Lincoln's heart. I don't ever want to make people compare their lives/jobs/kids to mine. I know we are all so good at making our lives look perfect on social media and blogging and I can promise you my life is far from perfect. But my precious baby, his heart is so sweet. I look at him, and he's my mini-me. He hates to hurt people, he hates to be in trouble, and he hates to do the wrong thing. I watch as his heart breaks when he gets in trouble and then he apologizes ten times. I really pray so hard about this because I know God has called us as parents to discipline, but I also never want to hurt his heart. He has a heart full of gold, and that is just the sweetest thing.



What are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for a great visit with your brother! I love that y'all had a nerf gun war...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than sibling visits :) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting to spend time with your brother! I live a couple of hours away from all my siblings and it's so much fun when we're all able to get together. Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you definitely know how that goes!

      Delete