Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday

The weeks are seeming to fly by, but then again, the weeks/months leading up to Lincoln's birthday always fly by. Always. And I'm left wondering how he's another year older. Emotional moment over.

I tried posting this earlier but blogger wouldn't even let me log on. So that's why I'm so late! Here's what I'm thankful for this week!

 
I'm thankful for Lincoln. He wasn't planned by me, but he was beautifully and intricately planned by God. What a beautiful testimony he is in my life to say that God really does work ALL things out for our good. I become a mom at 18 and Lincoln is by far the best gift has ever given me. I love being his mom so much.
 
 
 
I'm thankful for my family. I booked Lincoln's birthday party yesterday {yay!!!!} and I sent out a group text {to my parents, Kays, Matt, Pearce, & McKenzie} letting them know where and when it would be and they made me laugh for a good 30 minutes. Before you read it you should know nothing in this world could keep them from Lincoln's birthday party, even if they were on their death bed. God has really blessed me.
 
 
I'm thankful for a job. There are so many people who can't find work and I'm so thankful for the ability and opportunity to go to work. Even though I'd love to stay home with Lincoln, I'm so grateful that God has allowed me to be able to provide for us.
 
I'm thankful for excitement. Does this sound silly? Maybe. But I have so many things to be excited about! Valentine's Day. Lincoln's birthday/birthday party. Pearce and McKenzie's wedding. This Spring is going to be a good one, I can tell!
 
I'll be back tomorrow for Five on Friday! I hope you have an amazing Valentine's Day and weekend! 


6 comments:

  1. As a teacher, I'm always hoping for a snow day but I truly love my job and am thankful for it. During times like the ones we are living, sometimes a job feels like a luxury.
    Excitement is exciting!! Haha! I'm excited with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we all have days where we're wishing we didn't have to go to work! When I get excited I make no sense, haha.

      Delete
  2. Haha opening a goat farm?! That is a new excuse! Can't wait to hear about his birthday! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! He referenced it later in the conversation and we still have no idea where he came up with that!

      Delete
  3. Your family sounds like mine, always joking, but always there for you!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That's the best kind of family!

      Delete