Friday, February 14, 2014

Five on Friday

My five this week are probably going to be quick! I'm exhausted and I need sleep! I hope you're having a wonderful Valentine's Day and have an awesome weekend! Whether you have a Valentine or not, you're loved by The Creator and to be loved by Him is the best gift of all!


{I tried a few times to upload pictures and Blogger wouldn't let me! What fun are posts without pictures?!}




{One}
I am so excited that it's Valentine's Day! No husband. No boyfriend. But I do have Lincoln and I am so excited about our day! We have presents to open, a lot of baking and crafts to do, and an incredibly special dinner planned at -you guessed it!- Chik-Fil-A. {That is if all the marriage couples aren't making reservations there first. Maybe I should call ahead.}






{Two}



A few nights ago Lincoln and I went in Walgreens and he started crying because he really wanted to buy his Momma flowers. I told my family {and Facebook} and I came home from work yesterday to the most beautiful red roses in my room special and hand picked my by sweet boy. I so love his heart! {Thank you, Mom, for paying for them and letting him be such a blessing to me!}




{Three}
I booked the place for Lincoln's birthday party in April! I know that's way ahead of time, but I really didn't want to go in late and ask and it already be booked. This is his first party with friends there and I am SO excited for him. I can't wait to share it with all of you!




{Four}
I have a test a week from Monday! Please be praying for me as I'm working really hard trying to prepare. I spent a couple hours tonight making notecards and I'm praying, like last time, that God blesses my hard work and commitment!





{Five}
Lincoln's prayers have been moving me to tears. I mean, every night he prays something that stirs my heart a little bit more. I am so proud of this little boy and the way he talks about Jesus so often. I know I brag about him a lot, but he really is such an incredible gift from God! I am so grateful to be his mom!





Here's an example of two of his prayers:
"Hey God. Thank you for our day. Today I go to school and I stay there and play. Wednesday I go at school again. I'm just talking to ya, God."





"Thank you For my pillow God. Please keep the monsters out of our bedroom. They try to scare us. Thank you God."





What if we had that kind of faith? The faith that says God, I trust in You enough to hand over the tough things. My monsters. My doubts, insecurities, failures. You can have it because I know You are sufficient in each and every situation. I want to love God like that. I want to trust Him enough to come to Him with my monsters and my good days. My successes and my failures.



So that's it for my five things this week! I hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend!











16 comments:

  1. 1. I love your chickfila reservations. Pearce and I would be super happy going there too lol but we already have an outback gift card so being the cheap people that we are...that's where we'll be.

    2. Lincoln's heart is so precious. I can't wait to be his aunt.

    3. I can't wait to party! Woohooo it'll be lots of fun. Especially for uncle Pearce {in the ballpit?!} lol.

    4. Praying for your test! It will be great! You're going to pass this class with flying colors.

    5. His prayers brought tears to my eyes forrreal! "Just talkin to ya God" oh my goodness.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love everything you wrote. Lol. Especially the ball pit part.. Don't know what on earth he was talking about.

      Delete
  2. Yay for a chick fil a dinner date! Good luck studying this weekend and have a wonderful Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious heart he has, enjoy your Valentine's with your sweet date :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great valentine's day! Lincoln sounds like an angel! so sweet!

    trish - my 5 on friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...the flowers thing....I'm crying! That child has the sweetest heart. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so so sweet! His heart is precious!

      Delete
  6. Oh, what a sweet, sweet boy!!! You're clearly an incredible Mom! Collin is having his first friend birthday party this coming Saturday and I am WAY excited about it!! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh my word, I bet you are SO excited! I can't wait to hear about it!!

      Delete
  7. Hey sweet girlie!!! Just found your blog from the linkup and am so happy to be following along with another sister in Christ!!!! You are precious, and I really cannot wait to read more! :)

    And...your babe's prayer...."I'm just talking to ya, God." BLESS IT! I mean, I'm melting. Eeee! Seriously looking forward to reading along. Glory to God!!!

    xx
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found me and now I can follow you, too! It is such a sweet blessing when God brings me sisters through blogging!

      I just cried. I pray he always wants to share his days with God! All glory to God!

      Delete