Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Day of Rest

Lincoln and I go a lot. {Probably like you}

I go to school. I go to work. I go to study. I go run. He goes to school. We go to church. We go to play with friends. We go to the park. We go to the store.

It seems like we're always going. From the time we get up to the time we go to bed, we're on the move.

Thursday morning I was more excited than I can even explain that it was a morning where we didn't have to go anywhere!

God has really been laying it on my heart how I spend my time. I have never been good at managing my time and with all I have going on right now, I've been praying He would show me areas I need to work on and He really has. So I've been trying to do more than usual and go more than usual and I'm tired. It had been a busy week. {The part that exhausts me the most is knowing I have to pick out clothes. I wish I were kidding.}

Thursday morning we had a seriously amazing rest time. We watched entirely too many TV episodes in bed, I stayed under the electric blanket, we cuddled, had about 23 tickle fights, played on the ipad, watched a lot of Doc McStuffins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and just rested. I got at a shower during the morning and changed from my pajama pants to yoga pants. And guess what. It was glorious.

I love to write about all the going we do. I love to write about the fun things we have planned. But I really enjoy our quiet days. The days that don't seem so spectacular to other people, but they're days we make memories. Days that remind of what a blessing it is to be Lincoln's mom.

I'm thankful for rest. And I'm thankful for every day life.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazingly perfect day :) I bet he sure enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did! Rest is so underrated sometimes!

      Delete