Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, friends! I hope you're having an amazing day and finding many things to be thankful for! Here is what I'm thankful for this week!



I'm thankful for my electric blanket. This isn't the first time I've posted about this, and it probably won't be the last. I love this thing. I will never again not own an electric blanket. Thank you, Mom, for introducing me to this incredible thing.

I'm thankful for Facetime. This week Lincoln and I got to talk to my brother on Facetime. Seriously such a wonderful invention. I've really been missing Pearce, and I know Lincoln has too, so it was nice to be able to talk to him for almost an hour!


I'm thankful for Lincoln. As a whole. Usually I post something about Lincoln I'm thankful for, like his laughter, joy, or health. But today I'm just thankful for him. I'm thankful that God knew my heart better than I did and He brought what I never knew I always wanted. I don't take parenting Lincoln lightly, I know it is a huge honor. I couldn't ask for a better son.



I'm thankful for the ability to talk to God whenever and wherever I want. This closely resembles what I was thankful for last week, but when I thought about what I wanted to write about this week, I had to include this. In the old testament there were rules and offerings that had to be done before coming into the presence of God. Today that isn't so. Coming home from school Tuesday I talked to God. I talked to God at Chuck E Cheese. I also talked to God while I was running this week. He is teaching me how to be in constant fellowship with Him. What a blessing it is that The Perfect God would see me as blameless because of His Son's blood and allow me the incredible privilege of speaking to Him at any time.

I'm thankful for encouragers. You people who send me messages/comments/texts just encouraging me, you get me through the day sometimes. I feel that much more momentum when y'all reach out to me. You are a blessing. Thank you.

What are you thankful for this week??

10 comments:

  1. My mom has been looking everywhere for an electric blanket. They're not easy to find anymore.
    Yep... thankful for God listening all the time... because I talk to him ALL the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at Target and I know they still have them! I use mine so much, definitely worth the money.

      Delete
  2. I want an electric blanket now!!

    Fellowship with God-such a beautiful thing. I find that I need to be more connected than I am with Him. Your posts always remind me. Thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are completely worth the money, I promise!

      You're welcome! It's so sweet to be in such fellowship with Him! I never realized until now.

      Delete
  3. I used to have an electric blanket and I killed it-I used it to much! Now, I have three dogs and, although more expensive than the previous electric blanket, provide endless kisses that I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my first one I killed in less than a year so I know how that goes! I'd love to get Lincoln a dog.. maybe after nursing school!

      Delete
  4. I love this post so much. You are just beautiful!! Inside & out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your comment just made my day!

      Delete
  5. I have a deep obsession with throw blankets so it's kind of crazy to me that I don't own an electric blanket! I need to get one ASAP! And I love that you included being able to talk to God at anytime. My husband and I are doing a chronological 365 day Bible reading plan and right now we are in Leviticus, right in the middle of all the "rules" they had to follow.. such a sweet thing to be thankful for this week! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need one, especially if you love throw blankets so much!

      I remember going through Leviticus and thinking, "Thank you, God, for taking away all of the rules!!" I think it's so sweet that y'all are doing it together. I pray God blesses me with that one day!

      Delete