Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, friends! I missed Thankful Thursday last week {and maybe the week before} but this week I'm on it! And I'm going to try to get my Five on Friday done for tomorrow. Here's what I'm thankful for this week!



I'm thankful for God's closeness and realness. Over the past month or so, I have been feeling God so near and real to me and it's been amazing. He is with me while I'm driving and when I'm at home, just everywhere as plain as day. He has been an ever-present friend and confidant, and I've gotten to where I pray constantly. It has been absolutely amazing.

I'm thankful for your prayers. Linc has been sick this week and you people have prayed for and encouraged us like crazy. Thankfully we got a little more sleep last night than the past three and Lincoln seems to be feeling much better!

I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to school. Although it's hard and some days I don't feel like I'll get through it, God is so good to allow this single mom the amazing privlidge of college. I know that I'm blessed to be able to get a degree and I don't take that lightly.

I'm thankful for God's divine appointments. Over the past year or so, I've been noticing the people God puts in my life more than usual. I love how He knows the people I need and how He so beautifully arranges me to meet people who encourage me like crazy and bring me so much joy. From people at work, to people at school, to my friends.. I've been really blessed, especially this last year.

So that's what I'm thankful for today! I told y'all a couple nights ago that Lincoln and I would be going to pick up my bridesmaid dress so of course I should give you a preview.. right?!

Pearce and McKenzie have the cutest ring bearer!
 
I hope you have an amazing day! 

12 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! Thank you for sharing! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Thursday.. Even though I'm late on replying! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Pretty in pink!!! :)
    I love how God puts the right people on my path all the time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! It's beautiful the way He knows who we need.

      Delete
  3. So many wonderful things to be thankful for! I remember being so bitter about school at times but it really is a huge blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely hard not to complain and be bitter sometimes! I try to remind myself that there are so many single moms who never get this opportunity!

      Delete
  4. Love love love your thankfulness! Especially God's realness and closeness, that is amazing. Love that you are in constant prayer, that is something I want to get better at! And you look great in the bridesmaid dress! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken a while to get here, and I've had to be intentional about it. One thing that has really helped has been asking/talking to Him about the little things. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Love this thankfulness post! I know exactly what you mean about God's closeness! He is so real and always with us- He is so awesome! I wish everyone could experience that. God has also been putting great people in my life the last year. & he has helped me realize why he has put certain people in my life. It is truly a blessing! I have linked up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closeness is amazing, and almost tangible. It's been a blessing experiencing it! I'm glad you linked up!

      Delete
  6. This post touched my heart! I loved it!!
    God is so great and mighty and beautiful!
    Lincoln is so cute! :)
    I went for my undergrad when I was a single mom of one! It was one of the hardest things, but God's grace is so abounding! I finished and went straight for my masters. It was different for the Masters because I was married, but I also had 2 kids by then! Through it all though, His love kept me afloat. I celebrate with you because I know how hard it is, but also how rewarding it'll be in the end!

    *Kendwy @ MindofKiwi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your comment made me want to cry! It's such a blessing having people encourage me, especially when they've been through it! Encouragement like that really keeps me going! God has been so good to me! I plan on going back to school, maybe God will have a Mr. here for that one! Thank you!

      Delete