Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday! It's been a few weeks since I have done my thankful Thursday posts because we've been so busy. But I'm back to it this week AND I found a link up for it! Today I'm linking up with The Strong Family! Here is what I've been thankful for this week!





I'm thankful for God's protection. My sister was in a car accident and totaled her car. She is hurting pretty badly, but it doesn't look like anything more than that. God is so good!

I'm thankful for my new sleep routine. I shared with you, here, my goals for this year and being in bed by 11 was one of them. I have been waking up SO much more rested. I'm really loving this!

I'm thankful for quiet time at the end of the day. Another goal I shared with y'all was that I wanted to work on my time management and be intentional about my time. Over the past couple years I've learned that I really need my own literal quiet time at the end of each day. I've been reading my Bible and then watching Duck Dynasty and it's really been recharging me each day.

I'm thankful for Jose. Lincoln and I sponsor a two year old boy {born on Linc's birthday} who lives in Honduras. Today I'm sending him his birthday card {for April}. I've never met this little boy but I love him like crazy and I am so thankful for the way God has brought him into our lives. I pray one day we would get the chance to go meet him! {Two blogs are coming up about him!}

 I'm thankful for Lincoln's personality. He is so full of life and joy. I pray that he would never lose his love of life. He is so spirited and so energetic. He makes me laugh daily. It's a blessing.



Those are the things I've been thankful for this week! What have you been thankful for??

16 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited you linked up with us & I can follow your blog now! Love me some Jesus & Duck Dynasty! And we sponsor Juan from Brazil who is the same age as my son & born on my birthday. Thanks for joining us & happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that y'all started this link up! I had been looking for one! That is so special that y'all sponsor Juan! What a blessing to you and to him!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up with us :) I am so thankful for the quiet time at the end of my day too, after a busy day it's much needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiet time is such a necessity! Thank you for starting this link up!

      Delete
  3. I love that you sponsor a little one. I have too, since I was thirteen - Preethi :) I love getting to send sweet little things to her, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! That is so awesome, especially that you've been doing it since you were thirteen!

      Delete
  4. First time by your blog - love your name & Lincoln's, too! Happy Thursday, love!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to read that your sister was alright after the car accident-- that's always so scary but so happy to hear she is safe! Your son is adorable! I love the name Lincoln!

    Thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge relief to know she's okay! Thank you so much! I'm so glad I can link up now!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for linking up!! SO thankful your sister was okay in her car accident! Your son is adorable and I love your quiet time at the end of each day. I'm definitely a person that needs some alone time each day, too! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That alone time is so so precious! I'm glad you know how I feel! Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  7. Thankful Thursday.... I quiet like that! Gratitude is something I want to cultivate in my life, and sharing it weekly is a great way to do so and encourage others to do the same. So glad I stumbled onto your blog, friend! Also, I think your name is beautiful! Just thought you should know :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much! We're a big fan of 'different' names in this house! I'm so glad you found my blog!

      Delete
  8. Thank God your sister is doing well!!
    I also want to be in bed early...it's so hard. I love that you made that a goal. Reading about how rested you are motivates me to strive for that goal also.
    Lincoln is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! He is so good to have kept her safe!
      I have honestly never been so rested. I still am tired often, but I don't feel so groggy when I wake up!
      Thank you. I think so too, but I'm incredibly biased!

      Delete