Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Goals

I have a lot of goals for this year. I know a lot of people don't want to call them resolutions because everyone knows no one actually sticks to them, but no matter what we call them, they're the same. They are something we want to work on, but we usually don't finish.

I'm determined to finish and do better in mine.

I shared a list with you here, with some goals on it and completely forgot to add in some other ones. So here are my goals, explained.

Pass all of my nursing classes. I want to be one semester away from graduating when 2015 comes around. Please be praying as I tackle this!

Go to bed before 11. I am terrible at going to be at a decent time. The past week or so I've been going to bed at 11 and waking up so much more rested. Lincoln goes to bed at 8:30 and I go to bed at 11 and having that in my head ahead of time is helping me get things done.
 
Love people like Jesus loves them. I know I will never perfect this, but I'll never get closer if I don't try. Jesus loves. Although He spoke truth, He spoke it in love. I pray this year I will love the ones easy to love and the ones that are difficult to love. I pray I will love the people most like me, and the ones who are different. And I pray in all things, I will love Lincoln like Jesus loves him.
 
Be satisfied in only Jesus. How easy it is to get caught up in the things of this world. Material possessions. People. I want to be able to confidently say, if all I had is Jesus, I would be content.
 
Work on my time management. I am pretty sure that I can say I am the worst person in the world at managing my time. {Future husband, if you're reading this, I'm kidding.} My mom is reading this thinking, Wow, she finally admitted it. But really I am. I'm getting a real wakeup call with everything I'm about to be juggling; work, school, Lincoln, his school, things at home. He has given us 24 hours in the day and we need to use them wisely. I'm praying that God would continue to deal with my heart in this area. 
 
Keep blogging. Blogging is my outlet and it really is something I love to do. I really am going to try to continue blogging on a regular basis. Try is the key word here.

Not freak out over the little things. Usually this has to do with Lincoln spilling something on his clothes or something trivial like that. Why do I get frustrated over things that really don't matter? My blogger friend wrote a beautiful post, here, about that that you have to go read! It's wonderful and really makes you think. I never want Lincoln to think back on his childhood and only remember me getting onto him. Lincoln's heart matters more than the frustrations of life, always.

Take a picture a day for a year. I started this for 2014 and I'm seven days in. I'm only posting it on my Facebook though, not here. I want to be able to look back at 2014 and see our big moments.
 
Finish reading the whole Bible. I started this goal in the Fall and I'm really hoping I will finish it this year by the one year mark! I have been keeping up so this should be an easy goal!

Continue to spend quality time with Lincoln. I want to make our moments together count. I want him to remember his childhood full of life, and laughter, and his mom doing her best to love him like crazy. I want to be intentional with my time with him.

Do you have any goals/resolutions for this year??!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment