Saturday, January 4, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I love cold weather {And by cold weather I mean above 30}. I hate the heat. I live in Florida, go figure.  

I follow a lot of bloggers and a few of my favorites have been posting snow pictures while we still hadn't had a really cold day here yet. Until yesterday! Yesterday morning Linc and I woke up to 32 degree weather. 32! Lincoln is finally starting to experience things and notice more so when we went outside to play the first time.. he did not like it one bit!

This is his 'smile' about two seconds before he said, "It's cold out here! I wanna play inside." NOT a happy camper.

It has been so rainy here and I have been hating us being cooped up in the house all day. I like that Lincoln plays outside at least once a day, and he loves it, too. So when he asked to go for a ride around the block on his bike, I jumped on the opportunity, even if it was 34 degrees out. Finally a chance to play outside. He decided that he didn't want to wear his hat and gloves, but I did get him to wear a jacket.. after putting my foot down. I, however, am cold in 60 degree weather, so I put on everything warm I owned and out we went!

He really liked the cold when we went for a bike ride. I kept asking if he wanted to go home {because his face and hands were so red} but he kept saying no. He wanted to ride down to the park by our house.

I asked him to take a picture with me and he cuddled up to me and hugged me. Seriously, he is the sweetest!
 
How I love this sweet boy!
 
And once I wanted to take two pictures.. he decided we needed to take another one.
 
I love this park because we never have to share it.. which means Linc can walk up the slide as much as he wants.
 
After a while I gave him my gloves to wear because his fingers were like ice. This is my favorite picture from the whole day.
 
He rode home with my gloves on.
 
It was such a sweet time of cold weather and a whole lot of laughter. He loved sliding in my lap, and he especially loved swinging in my lap. I'm finding more and more that our best days together are ones that aren't planned out.. Days full of random things to do and a lot of laughing. Those are my favorite days, and ones I know I'll miss when he grows up. If I could just freeze the days like today forever.
 
And then of course we ended our night Facetiming with these weirdo's {my sister and her husband}. Facetime is always interesting. Matt and Lincoln spent a good ten minutes growling at each other. I'm so thankful for what these two mean to Lincoln!
 
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday! Today is my first day at work so if you would, please say a little prayer for me! You people are the best! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl - the cold is always rough. Not. Cool. And good luck at work! I can't wait to hear how it goes :) Probably absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not used to this cold weather at all! Work went great!

      Delete