Thursday, December 19, 2013

What a Beautiful Day

It has been the most perfect Thursday. I'm going to bed tonight with a very full heart.
 
This morning Lincoln had his Christmas program at school and can I just tell you, it was the very most precious thing I have ever seen in my life. All those precious children singing about Jesus. Indescribable. I wanted to cry. I pray so hard that Lincoln will catch such a grip on Christ's love for him and never let go. Jack and Jill preschool is doing such a wonderful job of teaching him all about God and His incredible love. I'm thankful for them.

That smile alone was enough to make me have a perfect day.



Lincoln is on the bottom step in the red shirt and jeans between the two girls. The second part is the best. You'll laugh. At least I did.

After his program we went to pick up the last few things on my Christmas list for people and we ate lunch together at The Loop. We came home and played outside and then went downtown {my second favorite place in the world} for dinner and a long walk. We got to see the big nativity, the huge Christmas tree, the boats, and the weather was perfect. And we laughed.. a lot. What more could I ask for?

Before bed he recited his Bible verse, said his prayers, and asked me if I would hold his hand tonight. UM. YES, PLEASE!

Days like today make my heart so happy and so full. God is so good to allow me to have the blessing of being Lincoln's mom.. A blessing that I don't take lightly. Goodnight, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment