Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'm Rich

I'm rich.
Maybe not by Bill Gates standards, but I'm rich.

I woke up beside my healthy and happy two year old.
I live with people who love me, and I love them.
I own a comfortable bed; I don't have to sleep on the floor.
My son has never had to wonder where his next meal is coming from.
I can call/text anyone I love at any time.
I spent the morning listening to my sweet son laugh.
I could definitely have more money, but I could also have less.
I am allowed to get an education.
I can proclaim my love for Jesus without fear of someone murdering me.
I have two Christmas trees.
I can give my son what he needs, and also what he wants.
I have confidence.
I have hope.
I am completely healthy, so is my little boy.
I have support from my friends and family.
I have siblings who are my best friends.
My siblings married people who I absolutely love.
All of my senses work, and I can walk and run.
I am truly joyful.
My entire family will spend eternity with my Savior.
I am loved and treasured by a King who has every right in the world to send me to hell but chooses instead to give me a glorious eternity in His presence.
The Creator of the world calls me beautiful.

I may not be wealthy by the world's standards, but I have all of that. And that is more than enough to label myself as rich.

I find that a lot of times, it's easy to get caught up in situations that make me aggravated, or cost me money, or cause me an inconvenience. So maybe your car got totaled, but isn't it a miracle that you're alive to know that. So someone keyed your car, but isn't it a blessing that the car still runs and you can fix it. So traffic was bad today, but isn't it a blessing that you don't have to walk. So your toddler was fussy, but isn't God good to allow you to be his/her mom. And I totally get it, situations that inconvenience us are really irritating. But God is so much bigger than our inconveniences and circumstances, and we really do have so much more good in our lives than bad. We have a reason to be joyful and thankful in the midst of the storms of life. God is beyond good.

I have a lot that money can buy, but I have so much more that money can't. And I'd be willing to bet that you do, too.

2 comments:

  1. Another great post, friend! You write so beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend! You are always such an encouragement!

      Delete