Thursday, December 26, 2013

An Unplanned Pregnancy

My son was born out of wedlock. He was my unexpected pregnancy. I loved him from the start. But the truth is.. There are many people who still haven't come to terms with the fact that a Christian girl could get pregnant out of wedlock and love and care for the child just as good as any other mom. In fact, most of the people who are still appalled at that are people in the church.. People who should be willing to give the most grace. 

Mary had an unplanned pregnancy
 
I can relate to Mary. Mary was young, not married, and I'd be willing to bet that there were many people who were appalled at this unplanned pregnancy. I think a lot about how Mary must have felt during her unexpected pregnancy. I think about how she must have been scared, must have had questions for God. And then I think..
 
I'm so thankful for Mary's unplanned pregnancy. 

 
Because it brought me life. It brought be grace. Her unplanned pregnancy brought me Jesus. 
 
I think it is the sweetest thing that God chose to bring Jesus into this world through a circumstance that was looked down upon. Granted, Mary didn't actually have sex before she was married, but how many people actually believed and knew that? He could have given Jesus married, established, parents who were well known. God chose to bring the Most Precious King into this world through the most humble of circumstances, circumstances that most people look down on. God chooses to use us in the middle of our circumstances, in the middle of our storms. He chooses to use our failures and our hang ups for His eternal glory. Instead of your failures, He sees the potential you have in Him. He sees the unconditional love He has that He proved by sending His Son here to earth.
 
God sent Jesus through an unplanned pregnancy. And I'm so thankful He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment