Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Simple Moments

I don't think I'm going to be able to find the perfect words to relay my emotions as my Friday unfolded. It was simple, but beautiful. And God knew it was exactly what I needed.

Friday morning Lincoln woke up with a runny nose, and I woke up with a sore throat. My body ached and the thought of us getting dressed and finding something to do left me exhausted. So I figured it was a perfect time to stay in our pajamas and figure out things to do around the house. I had been keeping some Christmas crafts in Lincoln's closet from Hobby Lobby {You need to go pick some up, NOW. They're cheap, easy, and it's a reason to go in Hobby Lobby. Who doesn't want to go there as much as possible?! They have their Christmas stuff up before Halloween. LOVE!} Anyways. So I pulled out all the things we bought and let Linc pick out which ones he wanted to do.

He was so excited.

SO excited.

Coloring his ornament.


Look at that determination.

Finished ornament.



This one stood up.


This one came in a package with all the different pieces and a picture. The back of the pieces had a piece of paper on them that you pulled off so you could stick the pieces on the reindeer. So easy. No glue. No mess.


His three finished crafts. We have a couple left!

After crafts we got dressed and headed outside {and ended up playing there for two hours}. It was 64 degrees and beautiful. I drank coffee, read a book, and watched Lincoln play. He jumped on his trampoline and laughed like crazy. He ran around chasing a paper towel roll that the wind kept blowing away. He built a "BIG TOWER!" with bricks. He played in his 'sand box.' It was one of the moments where I can't help but thank God for the simplicity of life. I began to realize how important his childhood is, how wonderful it is that he can dream so big without fear right now. I tried taking a picture but it was like no picture could capture my feelings or my heart at that moment. It was simple. But it was beautiful.

Sunshine. His sweet smile. What more could I ask for?


After that we headed inside for lunch and had chili. He had his complete with a banana {because apparently those two things go well together} and apple juice. And again, it was simple, but it was beautiful. He laughed and talked about everything. He made me laugh like crazy. He thanked God for our food.

Apple juice, a banana, chili, and saltines. Interesting combination.

Sometimes it is so nice to stay at home in your pajamas and find things to do, but with no time table to go on. No where to be, nothing that has to be done. Just to enjoy life as it unfolds. And maybe, if we found more time to do this, we'd be more rested. We'd be happier. We'd learn to enjoy and love the simple things in life. It was such a beautiful morning.

Sometimes when you pack so much into a morning you have to crawl on the couch and take a nap. Hey, it's tough being a kid!
 
Happy Sunday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment