Saturday, November 16, 2013

I don't know, but He does.

It's hard trusting God's plan when you can't see any of it. I can't be alone in my thinking. It's easy to know that God will provide when you have a steady income. It's easy to know that God is your refuge when you don't have anything to be afraid of. It's easy to know God is in control when everything is going right.

But what about when it's not? What about when you so desperately want something and you don't hear anything from God? No yes. No no. Just nothing. What about when the bank account is low and you don't know where your next meal is coming from? What about when you seem to have failed?

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand." {John 13:7}

I love this verse. There are so many times I've looked back on my life and at that point in time I had no idea what God was doing. I was confused, lonely, scared.. And I look back now and think, "Wow. He sure did know what He was doing." He loves us so much more than we can fathom, and if He loves us that beautifully, perfectly, and unconditionally, then He obviously wants what is best for us. He is working out things in His divine timing.

So friend, smile. Because we may not realize what He's doing now, but someday we will. And it will be glorious, and beautiful. It will be for our good and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment