Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

When I started posting a lot during my pregnancy, it was to get emotions off my chest. I wrote a blog and on Facebook because it was the best way I knew how to express myself. When people started commented/messaging/emailing me about how my posts would help them I was genuinely surprised. I never intended anything I wrote to help anyone but myself. So when I started this blog I wanted to do both. I wanted to write for me, and I wanted to write for others. I try to be incredibly honest here. I try to share my shortcomings to help other people. And if I'm being incredibly honest this morning, one of the things I'm worst at is having faith in God's plans for my life.

I grew up in church. I know in my head that God has a plan. I know He loves me and I know He wants what is best for me. But sometimes, I don't think I fully believe it. There are days when I am completely content in knowing what the day holds for me and nothing else. There are days where I don't worry one bit about what will come tomorrow. And then there are days {like I've had lately} where I want to know every detail of God's plan one, five, ten years from now. And on those days where I can't rest in His promises, I know I'm lacking faith. I want so much for God to put a vision in my head of where Lincoln and I will be in the near and distant future and I want to see how He could possibly take the difficult pieces of my life and put them together to make something beautiful.

The truth is, most days this is a battle for me and maybe it's a battle for you, too. But God's word is so clear on this that we should be able to remind ourselves constantly about His plans and provision. Sometimes it takes repeating God's word to get it through our head that He loves us and only wants the best for us.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. {Jeremiah 29:11}

He's our Father. And whether you have an amazing dad here on the earth or an awful one, Jesus is infinitely greater than your biological dad. He loves you with a love that cannot be measured or kept in some box. His love is so great that He doesn't have to tell you over and over {although He still does!} but His love called Him to action. If He loves us so much to save us from death, don't you think that He loves you so much and knows what is best for us here on the earth? Things may hurt us or threaten to drown us, but He overcame death and He overcomes our situations and circumstances.

"Delight yourself in The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." {Psalm 37:4}

When we take full refuge in Him, when we love Him wholly and nothing else above Him, He wants to give us our desires. I have a lot of things I want. There are a lot of dreams I have, a lot of plans I have in my head that I long for. Granted, I don't think this verse means Jesus is going to throw a Lincoln MKX in my driveway {although that would be nice!} but He is going to bring you what brings Him most glory and is what is best for you. If He puts dreams in your heart, then He's going to see it through!

If this is what is God's plan then it's going to happen. If not, God has something better. I repeat this often in my head. In fact, it may be the thing I say most when I'm doubting. Sometimes we want something so much that we pray and pray and pray for it. But God loves you so so so much! His goal is not to throw trying situations at you to make you miserable. Maybe the struggles you have or the things you're believing for are what God is using to send you to Him. Maybe He's waiting to see if you'll trust Him, before giving you the desires of your heart. But ultimately, whatever happens, God's plan is what is best for your life. Your plans, your dreams, they don't stack up to an all knowing God, they just don't. There is nothing that you can dream of that is better than what He has planned, even if you can't see it now. So stop worrying, and start trusting.

2 comments:

  1. I SO needed to read this today! Thank you for being so honest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you needed it as much as I did!

      Delete