Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rest

Life is busy, crazy and hectic, most of the time. It's a rarity that I sit down for more than 15 minutes in silence. The Bible calls us to "Be still and know that I am God" and that “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” It seems so often that I think that the answer to feeling overwhelmed and tired is to get some extra sleep, or take a nap when Lincoln does. But yesterday, I realized, the answer to getting rest isn't sleep, it's quiet time alone with God.

Yesterday morning I dropped Lincoln off at school and headed to Starbucks {I never let myself have Starbucks unless I have a gift card} and then headed downtown {one of my very favorite places to go}.

I settled down on a bench with my pumpkin spice latte, my notebook, and my Bible.
 
The weather was so gorgeous that I got to wear one of my new favorite shirts and my boots.
 
I got out my Bible and starting reading and studying all about Gods' love for us. I wrote in my notebook a lot.
 
Then I went for a walk on the docks, talking to God, praying, enjoying the view and all of His creation.
 
It was such a sweet time of rest. It was quiet, which is just what I needed. There is just something {for me} about getting outside in one of my favorite places and getting quiet before God. What is it that you need to do today to get alone with God so you can get some rest? How can you find some time of quietness to hear God speak? I hope you have an amazing and restful day!
 
“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.” {Psalm 62:1-2}

No comments:

Post a Comment