Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My God Doesn't Make Mistakes

Before I got into blogging, I wrote a lot of notes on Facebook. I guess I have just always felt better when writing and it's always been my best way to express myself. So I figured on days, I have nothing lined up to post, I'll post some of my old notes so that people who haven't seen them can read them! Enjoy!

My life has been nothing but crazy since about March 29th, 2010. I was in a high point of my Junior year with softball. Hitting 9 for 11, playing on travel teams where college scouts came to every game, playing the best I ever had.. When I slid into third base and dislocated my ankle, taking me out of not only the end of my junior year of softball, but also my upcoming Summer season. Little did I know, that night I would be playing the last fastpitch softball game of my life. I thought God had made a mistake..

Fast foward to my Senior year of high school. Playing in the fall softball league and looking forward to playing in the first game since I had injured my ankle. I was really sick, throwing up multiple times a day. Dad took me to the doctor, we had to know what was going on with me. I was only seventeen years old and yet this doctor told me I was going to have a baby. I thought God had made a mistake..

Four months pregnant.. A relationship that I had put so much time and value into was ending. I was heart broken and confused. I thought God had made a mistake..

Fast forward again. April 19th, 2011. 4:28 am. 6 pounds 10 ounces. Lincoln Dehn Fussell. As I held the most incredible blessing God has ever given me, God whispered in my ear.. "I make no mistakes. Everything you've gone through got you to this moment right here, right now." My God does not make mistakes. 

I stand in awe of God when I look over the past three years of my life. I am amazed that when I thought I was alone, God was there. When I thought that things were going wrong, they couldn't have been going more right. In moments where I cried alone in my room, God held me. And He holds you, too. God has a plan for your life. God knows just what He's doing. And if we trust Him, He will show us what He's doing in us and through us. He never gives us more than we can handle with His strength, and we never walk alone. God is good, all the time. Even when we can't see the bigger picture, He's working on our masterpiece.
 
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. -Romans 8:28

2 comments:

  1. This gives me chills - He definitely doesn't make mistakes. What a lovely thing it is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me chills, too! Right before I reposted it I actually read it for the first time in months. It's sweet to look back!

      Delete