Monday, September 23, 2013

Will I Let God Use Me?

I'm not perfect.

I know, I know, you're shocked. {Only kidding!}

I have a lovely resume of not being perfect. I don't have a perfect life. I don't have that picture perfect family. I got pregnant out of wedlock and to make it worse I was only 17. I'm really impatient. I often find myself having to really work really hard to trust in God's plan for my life. I have days where all I want to do is cry. I panic {and I do mean PANIC!} if I have to speak in front of people. Sometimes I'm judgemental. I have the worst handwriting in the world. I really should clean more often .....And the list goes on.

And the truth is, you're not perfect either. No one is. If I asked you to think for five minutes you could probably come up with a nice long list of things that make you an imperfect person.

And do you know what? That's okay. In fact, it's great! Your imperfect nature qualifies you to be a vessel through which God can do miracles.

{But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 1 Corinthians 1:27}

Oh, how I love this verse! It makes my heart so happy!

I'm a simple person. My words are not eloquent. Most likely nothing I say will be remembered past tomorrow and most likely nothing I say will ever be considered famous. But that's okay.

Because God doesn't use perfect people. God doesn't look at someone and think "Wow, they are so perfect! I think I will use them to change the world." He looks at us with love and with grace and says, "You're imperfect but I love you. And with my strength, joy, and power, you can do all things!"

And let me tell you something. I would rather be imperfect and have the amazing privilege of watching God use me to do big things than be a 'perfect person' and have a mundane life in which God doesn't move through me because I have an inflated view of myself.

So instead of looking at myself and naming the aforementioned qualities that make me not so perfect, I should look at the perfect nature of God and think, "He is mighty and all powerful. He is wise, forgiving, and so very full of grace and with His help I can do anything. And anything includes the things I like to believe I'm not qualified for."

So today, throw away your list of things that makes you imperfect. Write down the qualities of God and know that as long as He is in you, you can do anything He calls you to do. Know that you are a child of The Most Holy God and you are wonderful and priceless because He says so. You are not insignificant. You are not worthless. God can and will do big things through you if you let Him. Because often times the question is not 'can God use me,' it's 'Will I let God use me?'

Be sure to go follow me either by email, Google or Yahoo, or with Bloglovin to stay updated when I post! You can leave comments or email me at carefuss@aol.com! Have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment