Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Bible in One Year

Happy Tuesday, friends! I have been somewhat absent from the blog for the past few days. In all honesty, I needed a break. I have been so exhausted lately and I've been trying to make time to read my Bible daily before going to bed. But I'm back, now! And have quite a few things coming your way in the next couple weeks.

On August 24th, I decided to start a Bible plan that would allow me to read through the Bible chronologically in one year. And can I tell you, I've been loving it! Today I did Day 18 and I'm learning so much. If you have an opportunity or feel called to read through the Bible, I highly recommend it. I've actually tried to do this twice before and failed {miserably}. My best friend, Cinnamon, is actually doing it with me and it's been so nice having someone to text me almost daily to remind me to read. With that being said, if any of you want to nag me about reading, please do! I need all the help I can get!

It seems so funny to me how I can read a chapter in the Bible any number of different times and get different things out of it. That really shows me that at different parts of my life, in different circumstances, God is working on different things in me. That makes me smile! I'm a work in progress, and I'm so thankful that He's not finished with me yet!

I've read through Genesis at least four different times, not including any messages at church on Genesis. So I pretty much thought there was nothing new God was going to show me {funny how that happens} as I was reading it. On Day 1 I read about Adam and Eve and how they sinned. Even after they sinned, even when God knew they sinned, He stilled made garments for them to wear and covered them. God remained faithful, even in their sin.

On Day 2, I read about Cain killing his brother Abel. Cain was troubled about how hard his punishment was and cried out to God. Even after he murdered someone, God was faithful and put a mark on him so no one would kill him.

Just as God's love overcame our sin on the cross, God's love overcame the first sins of the Bible. Adam and Eve threw sin into motion and Cain murdered someone and God still loved them. God still provided for them and protected them. I hope that gives you some hope today. {I know it gives me hope!} No matter what you've done, are doing, will do, God still loves you. He still wants you. You are not too far gone, you haven't done too much. The Savior of the world still wants to save you today, even in your sin. He loves you.

I hope you have an incredibly blessed day and feel God's love surrounding you! If you need prayer, have questions, or just want to talk, feel free to email me at carefuss@aol.com or leave comments on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment