Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Story {Part One!}

Since my blog focuses on my faith, I figured why not tell y'all my testimony story?

How did I get to this point in my life? Why do I trust God? And when did I accept God's grace?

The thing is.. My story is kind of long. And I don't want to make you read a novel in one sitting, so I'll break it up. So here goes!

I was raised in church {Thank you Mom and Dad!} and have been just about every Sunday of my life. Only in cases of death can someone miss church and still go to Heaven. I'm only kidding, I promise! So my parents did the selfless thing and took me to church every week. I grew up Baptist. When I was seven years old {September 2001} I accepted Jesus and I remember it like it was yesterday {Blog on that to come soon!}. I was baptized and I remember everything about that, too. It was, and still is, the best decision I ever made.

 I continued on in the church. I grew up going to church, church camp, and loving Jesus. It was a wonderful life and I loved being involved in church. I was reading my Bible and God was speaking to me. I had a pretty easy life. And then I met Lincoln's father..

When my attention on him became greater than my attention on God, my life started become chaotic and purposeless. I became focused on an idol, something that really should have meant nothing to me in the grand picture. Please don't get me wrong here. I'm not putting him down, I'm trying to show you that when anything, whether it be a person, situation, material possession, becomes more important than my relationship with God, that thing becomes an idol. That is a problem. A BIG problem.

My focus was him. My focus was no where near God. I idolized him. God was in the background. I look back now and think, Wow. I missed three and a half years of Jesus being the center. I missed out on a lot. I do have a lot of regrets. I know many people will say that they 'have no regrets in life' but I wouldn't lie about that. I do have regrets. {None of which are my precious son}. But I then remember that God is a gracious God, a forgiving God, and a loving God, and I know that although He wasn't the center then, He is now, and He still has big plans for mine and Lincoln's life.

I was living a life wrapped around a guy at 17. {May I ask why anyone dates in highschool anyways?!} I had my whole life ahead of me.

And then September 17th, 2010 happened..

{To Be Continued}

No comments:

Post a Comment